Monday, June 4, 2007

My little blue eyed babies

The main reason I started this blog was because I'm horrible at keeping a journal. I've found it a little hard to really treat this like a journal though, because it's public. But since this is now my only journal, I don't want to be too guarded, so this is going to be a really cheesy post, be warned.

I just feel so genuinely happy. I'm right in my element at this point in my life. I just love being a mom, and adore my 4 little people. It's amazing to me how much influence I have over their lives. Not only is my life "what I make of it", but their lives are "what I make of them". All of their experiences, everything they're exposed to, their beliefs, and attitudes are almost solely orchestrated by Chad and me.

I think about the role my mom has played in my life. She's had immeasurable influence on me. She's my all time favorite person other than Chad of course (dad you're a close second). Think about your mom, mom's are a big deal. It's amazing that I am that person to four little guys.

I just love being home with them. Sure there are days when I wonder "is this really my life? One more batch of laundry? One more load of dishes?" But for the most part I love to create our little world. I love to plan our days, and think of fun activities and traditions. I love to decorate and even clean my house. I even love working in the yard and plotting more ways to make it fun for the kids. I love Martha Stewart!!! I guess I'm just really grateful that I actually enjoy this life. I would stay home no matter what because I believe that's the best place to be for my fam.. I just feel lucky that there's not something else I'd rather be doing, that would be long and hard.

So obviously I have a few too many post pardom hormones. At least they're making me happy and cheesy instead of depressed. But in the midst of my thinking about all of this, my sister sent me this little song -REALLY CHEESY- but sweet. So click here to hear it.

http://www.lisabearnson.com/media/keeping_sheep.html



4 comments:

Kristin said...

What a great post!! I feel just like you do. How lucky are we to love what we do! It is amazing to think about the influence we have on our children. I think that 99.9% of all that I am I can attribute to my mom.

I must be hormonal too because that cute little song had me all choked up. Thanks for a great reminder of what a wonderful thing it is to be a mom!

Cute pictures of the kiddos.

P.S. I love Martha Stewart too!

Lucy said...

KariAnn - you KNOW I love sharing! Thank you for sharing your love and joy. It's obvious everyday but uplifting to read. Those blue-eyed babes have such a head start because they have a mother like you.

Not cheesy at all.

Carolyn said...

This was such a wonderful post! There truly is no greater joy than "being the mom." You have beautiful children, inside and out, because they have a beautfiul mom, inside and out. :-)

Rebecca said...

What a sweet homage to motherhood! You are an awesome mother. I remember you once telling me that when you were little you loved your mom so much that you followed her around everywhere she went. I can see your kids doing that with you now!