Thursday, June 14, 2007

7?...8?...NO 9 years of wedded bliss!!!



Yesterday was our 9th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how much has happened in that amount of time!!!




We were married on June 13th, 1998 in the St. George, Utah temple. I prayed every night of our 6 month engagement that it wouldn't rain, and the day was absolutely gorgeous! We had a really great outdoor reception at the Green Gate Village, which is about 8 little bed and breakfast houses set up in a circle around a big green lawn, brick patio (dance floor), and a pool. We had a great time.


We started celebrating our anniversary Tuesday night by getting a babysitter and going out to PF Chang's. Then yesterday Lucy graciousy offered to watch my kids for lunch so Chad and I went out to our favorite sandwich joint, Domini's. Here we are enjoying our roast beef and havarti, and a little popcorn. Of course we have our side kick with us.






Almost 2 years ago Chad's wedding band broke, so he hasn't been wearing it since. I decided to get him a new one for our anniversary this year. It was ready about a week ago, so it's been burning a hole in my pocket since then. I gave it to him at lunch, and he was completely surprised. I love surprises!!!





Lucy also volunteered to have the kids sleep over at night. Our kids are such great friends, it was a fun last hurah for them, and a great time for Chad and I. We went to appetizers, a movie, and dinner without worrying about the time, or a babysitter etc. It was GREAT! Thanks again Lucy.



OUR ELEVEN BIGGEST MILESTONES...

  • Married June, 1998


  • We both graduated from BYU in August 1999


  • We moved to Spokane August 1999


  • Had our 1st baby- Abbie Lynn November 1999


Here's me 81/2 months pregnant with Abbie. Those of you who saw me pregnant with Luke- can you believe the difference!! (This is the perfect example of why I've given up scrapbooking.)



                • Bought our first house in May 2000


                • Had Reese in September 2001

                • Chad graduated from Gonzaga with this MBA in June 2003


                • Alec was born March 11, 2004

                • Bought our 2nd house February 05



                • And then came the cabin in November 2006

                • And of course Luke came along in February 2007


                So our first 9 years have been full of babies and houses. I wonder what the next nine years will bring. Not more of the same????


                THE 5 GREATEST THINGS ABOUT MARRIAGE.


                1. Always hanging out with my bosom buddy.


                2. Chad's such a great dad, and the kids adore him.


                3. Kids


                4. We see eye to eye on all the important stuff and most everything else too.


                5. We love to work hard together and play even harder!


                Chad, I love ya! Here's to lots more great years!!!

                6 comments:

                Lara said...

                Happy Anniversary. Glad you could go out and have a great time - without the "babysitter."

                I love seeing other peoples wedding photos! You and Chad look fantastic together (and still do)!

                andrea said...

                Happy anniversary to one of my favorite couples. I can still remember going to your wedding reception. The next 9 years are sure to be full of great things.

                Rebecca said...

                I love your pictures! And what an eventful nine years! Lucy was so great to have your kids overnight. PF Changs and Domini's...mmmm, I'm getting hungry!

                Carolyn said...

                Happy Anniversary!!! Your wedding photos are SO gorgeous! What a great 9 years.

                [alisar] said...

                Happy Anniversary! I didn't realize that we got married around the same time. We were only 6 months behind you.
                I also didn't realize you got married in St. George. That is where my parents were married. I always dreamed of being married there too - I thought if I got married in the same temple they did, that I would have a marriage as special as theirs. That dream didn't actually come to fruition, but I still think the St. George temple is an extra special place.

                Kristin said...

                Happy Anniversary!! When I was talking to you on Friday about your weddding I hadn't checked out your blog.

                I, too, love seeing people's wedding pictures! They are gorgeous and it looks and sounds like an amazing wedding and reception.

                The St.George temple is SO BEAUTIFUL!

                You have had a lot of milestones in 9 years...here's to many more happy years!