Sunday, January 28, 2007

Winter weekend



Well, we had a fun weekend. It started out a little frustrating though. We planned on going up to the cabin Thursday afternoon, and got a call that morning that the couch we had ordered for the cabin was in, so perfect timing. We arrived at the store to pick it up about 5:30. We loaded it on the trailer and headed out. It's a sectional, so was in two seperate pieces. They were both wrapped really good in plastic. As we drove, I periodically looked back to check on them and they looked fine. We got almost all the way to Sandpoint and it looked like the plastic was starting to tear, so we pulled over to take a look. It was 7:00 by now, and really dark and really foggy. We got out and walked back to the trailer to find that the plastic had completely blown off one half, and all the cushions were missing- 3 big back cushions and 4 throw pillows. How could we be so stupid!!! Well, we had no choice but to turn around and backtrack. We drove 45 minutes back almost to Rathdrum before we started seeing cushions. I can't believe we found them, but we eventually came across one at a time along the roadsides, in the ditch, and even one right in the center of the road. We just drove up and down really slow with our eyes peeled. We finally found all but one of the throw pillows. They were scattered along about a 5 mile stretch. Luckily they are dirt colored, so they look all right. By the time we got back to the cabin it was about 9;30. The kids were all sound asleep, with pillows stuffed all around them because we had nowhere to put them but in the cab of the truck with us. I'm so glad we found them all. What a pain it would have been to have this brand new couch and all the back pillows missing. Yikes!

The rest of the weekend picked up from there. We took the kids skiing on Friday and they all did great. Then Saturday We Chad's sister Kyndra and her husband Aaron, and Emme came up and we went snowshoeing, and watched a movie. Here are a few pictures of our snowskiing adventure.


There was a ton of snow! You couldn't even see the front of the cabin. Between the guy plowing th driveway, and the snow fallin off the roof, it mounded up this high. Everywhere else was at least 3.5 feet deep.


This is the back side of the cabin.

Here we are setting out on our treck.

Luckily we have three little snow bunnies. They all love to be outside in the snow.

5 comments:

andrea said...

The weather looks absolutely gorgeous! I am dying over the cushions. How lucky you found them!

Lucy said...

Looks like it was a perfect winter weekend. How freaky about your couch cushions though. I would have been panicked. I'm so glad that you found them and they weren't run over or anything. Especially finding them in all of the fog. It was thick.

Kristin said...

Snowshoeing at 9 months pregnant...I'm SO impressed! I'm glad you found all your cushions. What a miracle!

Betsy said...

What a story! It looks like your had a great time though. I can't wait to have chili and hot cocoa at the cabin.

Rebecca said...

What a fun weekend! I'm sure that the lost throw pillow has found its way to a couch in a trailer in Rathdrum making some old lady very comfortable.