Saturday, January 13, 2007

Hello 2007!!!

Ok, I'm going to backtrack a little because I want to cover all of 2007 and I can't bear to skip the first couple of weeks. They've been memorable. But I'll make this entry really short.

We headed up to our cabin with the Johnson family for New years weekend. We had a blast. It was so fun to have no contact with the real world, no t.v. or cell phones. We just relaxed and did whatever we felt like doing. We played games. Jay and Lucy are quite the competetive, and skilled Settlers of Catan players. We all love that game. The kids learned a few new games too. We went hiking and sledding and just played in the snow. Lucy and I took a little walk around and the snow was past our knees. What a workout-you think walking in sand is strenuous. Chad's brother Blair and his wife Becca came up for New Years Eve and we played games and sung Karaoke. I love Karaoke!!! Then on New Years Day we took the kids skiing at Schweitzer. It was their first time ever. Chad's too. Lucy and I hung around with Alec, Sam, and Henry while Chad, Abbie, Reese, and Seth took a lesson then hit the slopes. They were naturals. The kids had the time of their lives and couldn't wait to do it again.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Adorable pictures. Your camera takes such sharp pictures (of course, your skill makes it happen). That was such a fun weekend. I'm glad our kids liked skiing so much. It'll be an excuse to get together in the future. Ski trips!

Jay said...

We had a blast at the cabin! What fun in the snow.

Carolyn said...

I LOVE your cabin! I think the smaller the better when you're trying to spend some quality time together as a family.

andrea said...

Love the pictures.

Kristin said...

I love your cabin! It sounds wonderful. That'll be so much fun for your kids to have memories of time spent there. I love the before and after pictures too. You've done a great job. You are going to have a lot of fun there!!