Here I am at the hospital at 13 weeks along. Jay did an ultrasound and we found out we were having another little boy. Only 13 weeks, can you believe it!
Here are a bunch of pictures of my sister Angi and I at Thanksgiving. She's due 2 weeks before me with a little girl. She lives in Kansas City, MO. I wish we lived closer, it would be so fun to be pregnant together, and for the little cousins to grow up together. My little sister was actually pregnant at the same time too, but had her baby it September. She lives in Maine of all places. We all miss each other a ton, but atleast we have each other, even if we are so far away. (I was between 29 & 30 weeks somewhere in these pics.)
Her little belly fits just perfectly underneath mine. (She's my short sister)
I actually think pregnant bellies are pretty cute.
We thought we'd do a little Yoga.
Here's baby's first picture with Santa.
About 32 wks.
Here I am impersonating Santa.
35.5 weeks along
I have a ton of energy still. We spent the day out snowshoeing and running around with the kids. We also took them all snow skiing at Schweitzer and I chased Alec up and down the bunny hill all day. The cabin has been the best remedy for a long cold winter. It really gives us something to look forward too.
36 wks.
I finally bought crib bedding for this baby. I haven't had any for my other kids, I just never wanted to spend the money I guess, it's not cheap. But this time I wanted to have a cute little nursury, and actually have the crib made up. I found this cute set at Target and it was a great price. Chad and I bought two new dressers from Unfinished Furniture and painted them blue. You can see them on either side of the crib. The baby will be in Reese and Alec's room. There just happens to be this nook on one side that the crib fits into perfectly. It looks really cute. Their two twin beds are on the opposite wall.
Now isn't this lovely. I know it's a horrifc picture, but oh my goodness, is it just me, or do anyone else's feet and legs swell up like this? The sock lines, Yikes!
Almost 37 wks.
Here I am at 37 weeks. I had to start cropping the faces out of my pictures at this point. I think 1/3 of my weight gain is in my cheeks!! I'm starting to feel awfully big and awkward now. I've been really fortunate to have a fairly easy and eventless pregnancy so far. Pretty much textbook.
I'm feeling a bit torn though. Part of me just can't hardly wait to have this over with. To see the baby, and hold him and just get started getting to know him and making him a part of our family. Not to mention being able to bend over, watch the scales going down instead of up, wear normal clothes, be able to roll over at night etc.
But another side of me is kind of sad to see it end. We think this might be our last baby, and I might not ever be pregnant again. I know it's got to be those darn hormones, but I actually get a little teary thinking of it being over. I really don't mind being pregnant. I love the anticipation of it all. I love feeling the baby move, thinking of names, wondering what he'll be like, watching the baby shows on TLC, my midwives, ultrasounds, maternity clothes, it's all so exciting and miraculous. I feel like I've spent my whole life looking forward to having babies, it feels too soon to have it all over already. I feel like I should be just beginning. But truely, this could be the end of an era for me. The fact that I feel so unready to be done makes me think there's a good chance we'll have one more. But we might not! This could be the end and I don't know why, but I'm kind of sad about it. It makes me want to kind of hold on to these last couple of weeks, as strange as that sounds.




I thought we were making some progress on names for this little guy. I've liked Luke the whole time. I fact Alec was down to Alec or Luke. This baby was going to be either Andrew, Luke, or something else I can't remember now. But now I'm really liking Ryan and Micah too. So it's between Ryan Spencer Roland, Luke Spencer Roland, or Micah Spencer Roland. Any opinions, actually don't give them too me, it just confuses me more. The other choice for a middle name is Stratton which I love and is my mom's maiden name. But my dad's name is Spencer and I really want to name one after him, so that will probably be it.
Here I am at 39 weeks and one day. By this time I was over being sad to have my pregnancy end. I was just ready to be done! I think everyone reaches that point sooner or later. Little did I know the baby would be born the next day.
8 comments:
I think you look great! and I too, totally know what you mean about enjoying the pregnancy. I'm pretty sure Sadie was our last and I really tried to enjoy the kicks hiccups and not stress too much about the inconveniences of pregnancy. Just enjoy the last little bit, but more importantly remember to take time to enjoy them while he's so little. I really tried to do that with Sadie and she's already so big. I have no regrets about the cluttery house and unfolded laundry. Good luck in the coming weeks:)
I've said this before and I'll say it again...you make pregnancy look FABULOUS!! I loved all your pictures and your post. It really got me excited thinking about getting pregnant again. My doctor's appt. just got bumped to MARCH!! Hopefully there will be a cancellation and I can get in earlier. I loved what you said about just enjoying the pregnancy, especially if it is the last one. That is such a great perspective to have and one I want to have...when I do get pregnant.
I loved the pictures of you and your sister!! My sister, Stacey, and I were pregnant together the last time and hopefully we will be pregnant together again. It is fun for kids to have cousins the same age. We call Ailey and Dane "The Twins".
Hang in there these last few weeks! I love the bedding and the wall stencil...so so cute!
P.S. When I was pregnant with Ailey I was addicted to those TLC baby shows!
Although I know you don't believe it, you do have a lot of pictures of yourself pregnant. I think I have maybe 4 total. I can't wait to see the little guy. Keep enjoying it. I am almost jealous that you get to go through the whole labor, hospital thing again so soon. That is my favorite, well one of my favorite parts. I love you! PS. Where did you get that darling wall stencil. It is so cute
Although I know you don't believe it, you do have a lot of pictures of your pregnancy. It was so fun to see them all. I can't wait to see the little guy. I am almost jealous that you have the whole hospital/labor experience so close before you. That is definitely one of my favorite parts. I love all the names. and I love the stencil over the crib. Darling. Love you.
Okay, so comment #3. Google informed me that my first comment wasn't/wouldn't be published due to an error. So, I rewrote/published it again. I guess we all get to read it twice.
What a nice memory you'll have down the road of your pregnancy. You know how I feel about pregnancy. I think I have two pictures of me total from all three times. Not my favorite look. But if I was as cute as you, I'd be flashing that belly everywhere. I'm so excited for the next few weeks! I can't believe you are going to have four kids!
Oooh! those picture of your feet bring back good memories. You look great and I can't believe that he is almost here. I can't wait to hear what his name is and see his cute little face.
Hopefully one day you will look back at this blog and say I can do it ONE more time. He he he!
You look great. I loved the pictures of you and your sister. Andrea told me you were pregnant and I am very happy for you. I'm sure I will see you next time I visit Andrea :)
Amy
Post a Comment