Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What Now???

I've been inspired by my book group bloggers.

OK, I went to the blogger website and followed the directions. So here I am. It's telling me to start posting. I have a feeling this isn't going to be very interesting, but since I haven't written in my journal for a year, this might get me going.

Now for pictures, this might me a little trickier. Hmmmm...

Well, let's forget pictures for now, I might need a little help with that one!!

I'm just going to start my blog with my list of 100 things about me. Might take me a few days, but here goes.

1. My husband and all my kids have blue eyes, hence the name of my blog.
2. I'm 5'10" tall and have been since 7th grade.
3. In 6th grade I was the tallest kid in the entire elementary school (and taller than almost every teacher.)
4. This made it really easy to be the star of the 6th grade basketball team. All I had to do was stand under the basket and shoot and rebound my own shot over and over until I scored (sometimes it would take me 4 or 5 shots, but I sure racked up the rebounds.)
5. I was a nerd as a kid.
6. My friend Beth and I used to do handstands against the wall of the school all recess long. We thought we had talent.
7. I loved parachute pants!
8. I wore leggings and huge bows in my hair until I was a freshman in college.
9. I was a cheerleader in high school, yes, a 5'10" cheerleader.
10. Once a kid told me I looked like Big Bird, our cheerleading uniforms were gold.
11. I also played basketball.
12. I was better at basketball.
13. I loved the smurfs.
14. I'm the second of 5 kids.
15. My sister and I have hazel eyes, we always said they were the color of baby poop.
16. I've always wanted to be a mom and have babies.
17. I asked for a bra for my 3rd birthday so I could be like my mom. I would sit around and pretend I was nursing my babies. Good thing we lived in Japan at the time so they had them in really small sizes. I still have the bra.
18. Even as a kid and pre-teen I would spend my money on baby clothes and just save them for the future.
19. When I had Abbie I had quite a collection. Too bad they were all hideous and outdated.
20. I graduated from Lemont Township High school #8 in my class in 1994.
21. My brother, sister and I were all in high school together for a year.
22. I went to BYU and lived in Chipman Hall.
23. I met one of my best friends there, Michelle. She's awesome, we were roommates. She now lives in Texas of course.
24. I also met my husband Chad freshman year.
25. We had the time of our lives.
26. We fell in love really fast and were inseperable!!! So much for the 12pm curfew---oops!
27. Chad went on a mission to Belgium and Michelle got married that summer.
28. Bummer for me.
29. Dear Johned Chad
30. He came home and we were back together within days despite my resolve against it.
31. Inseperable again. What curfew?
32. There's no one on this earth more perfect for me than Chad. I thank God I found him!!!
33. Married June 13, 1998 in the St. George, Utah temple.
34. My parents, grandparents, great-grandparents and all my siblings were married there.
35. Enough about Chad.
36. I graduated from BYU with a degree in Elementary Ed.
37. Taught second grade one year.
38. I love love chocolate.
39. I love the book "Witch of Blackbird Pond"
40. When my grandma died I went to her house and nabbed her apron.
41. I wear it when I cook.
42. I love my backed scratched.
43. I don't mind being pregnant.
44. I gain almost 50lbs with each baby.
45. So far I've been lucky enough to loose it.
46. I love the color red.
47. I love the mountains.
48. I love the lake.
49. I'm running out of ideas.
50. Gotta go to Young Women's. Take 5.

51. My belly currently measures 43 inches.
52. My husband promptly lost 15 lbs. when we got married. I was a great cook.
53. Since then I've learned you should follow the recipe.
54. I have a love hate relationship with Costco. They just keep on taking my money.
55. I have really bad eczema on two of my right hand finger tips.
56. I love to decorate.
57. I love Gold paint.
58. I wear slippers all the time.
59. I'm intimidated by the computer.
60. Blogging's not as hard as it looked.
61. I get cold sores when I'm stressed.
62. I love Abreva.
63. I love to travel with Chad.
64. I'm obsessed with pictures of my kids.
65. I have 3 Cannon cameras and love them all.
66. I believe you can never have too many warm quilts or too much silverware.
67. I grew up in the midwest.
68. I love the northwest.
69. I had braces when I was 25.
70. I planted 350 daphodils in my front yard.
71. I throw everything away, I hate to have extra stuff laying around.
72. I love soft chew rolaids.
73. I usually forget to floss.
74. I like to take warm baths everyday when I'm pregnant.
76. I love cute socks.
77. I don't love pets.
78. I bought my daughter a kitty for Christmas and took it back 10 days later.
79. I still feel terrible about it, but she was thrilled with the $40.00 I gave her in exchange.
80. Now we have another $40.00 in Littlest Pet Shop toys, thats more my speed.
81. I'm excited to have a house full of boys, someone will eat my cooking.
82. I get a perm with every pregnancy. I feel like my hair needs to balance out my belly.
83. I love cowboy boots.
84. I love country music.
85. I love country dancing.
86. I can't sing.
87. I took violin lessons as a child.
88. I love scented candles.
89. Hardwood floors are my favorite.
90. Chad and I actually sit with our cell phones and vote for American Idol contestants.
91. I had huge ratted up bangs in junior high.
92. Once I got a tree branch stuck in them.
93. I love fall.
94. I'm a planner. I always like to know what's coming up, and what the plan is.
95. I'm extremely stubborn and determined when I want to be.
96. I don't like to be told what to do.
97. I love childbirth, even labor.
98. I love epidurals too.
99. This is a really long list.
100. I can't think of one more thing! See ya!





Here's a picture of me in my grandma's apron.



Well that was fun. I'm amazed I figured out how to do this blogging thing. It's apparently not that hard. I'm excited to join the blogging world. Yeah!!!!

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

You did it! I loved reading your blog. And, your pictures are so cute. I didn't realize how much you and Alec looked alike until I saw the pictures. Keep posting!

Lucy said...

Grr. My computer just erased my last comment. I'm shocked and amazed that you have a blog! I love your list and glad that I am friends with such a cool person.

Anonymous said...

Kari, I either think you are funny because (A.) I remember the really tall bangs...and getting them caught in the tree. (B.) I inherited your same sense of humor, or (C.) Maybe you are just funny. Ok, maybe you convinced me to be a Blogger myself.

Anonymous said...

Good job Kari Ann. You need Chad to leave town more often.
Jason

[alisar] said...

I love your 100 Things List. It is so funny. I will send you my list too, but nothing on it will cause you to laugh like I did at the idea of you getting your bangs stuck on a tree branch.
I also love your pictures! I loved hanging out at your house for book group. I love your hot chocolate mugs. I love that you're Betsy's sister :) It's so fun to get to know you. P.S. Hi Betsy! - Alisa

andrea said...

KariAnn, Way to go. I've wanted you to start a blog since I entered the blogging world. You have so many great ideas that you need to share with all of us. Loved your list. I never knew you were a big bird cheerleader.

Kristin said...

Yay!! I love it! Your list was great and I can totally relate to many things on it...was there a curfew at BYU? Hum...I guess I that was why I moved off campus ASAP! :)I,too, am a slipper girl. I am really into the flip-flop slippers. Have you tried them? I love all your family pictures. Did you take them yourself on a tripod or did someone come and take them for you? They are gorgeous!!! I can't wait to read more.

Angi said...

Hey Sweet!
What a great list! You made me laugh a lot. I can't believe you fessed up to snatching the aprons! We'd better hope Aunt Jolin doesn't read this! Or Brad either after that flossing comment! Send me a couple family pictures-I think you forgot them in your Christmas letter. I can't wait to see the newest little blue eyed babe! Wish we could shrink the US so that we could all be closer. I need my sisters! Love You!

Anonymous said...

And your brothers, I hope.

I'm sure it is only a matter of time before the apron confession causes trouble. I'm looking forward to the top 100 funniest stories write up. Anyway, this is an awesomw idea. Keep it up!!!

Anonymous said...

KariAnn. Wow! the pictures of Ryan Luke Roland are amazing. He definately looks like Alec to me. It is amazing to see him so clearly. Thanks. Loves it!!!
Mom