Friday, January 19, 2007

A great day!

Well, I've been a bum most of the week. I don't think I left the house at all Tuesday or Wednesday, so I really needed to perk up and do something. Yesterday Lucy and I shared a babysitter (Rachel, who is new in the ward, and homeschooled so she's always available, yeah!) and went out to lunch. I just love going out to lunch and just chatting with no worries, and no kids to entertain or clean up after. We had a great time. Then last night Jay was nice enough to arrange for me to have an ultrasound. It was so fun. Lucy watched my kids which was so nice and made it really easy. We got a bunch of cute 3-D pictures of his chubby little cheeks. But the best news is that he turned head down. I wasn't too worried yet because Reese was breech till 36 weeks also and turned, so I was very hopeful. But I'm really afraid of having a c-section because my deliveries and recoveries have been so easy in the past.

So check these out, this is my best effort at taking a picture of my pictures and posting them. I think you can kind of make things out though.

In this one his face is up in the left hand corner looking down toward the right bottom corner. You can see his eyes and nose, the cord is covering his little mouth.

In this one he's sort of in the bottom left of the picture looking up to the top right. You can see his little button nose and his nostrils really well. You can also see his eyes, and part of his lips, but again, the cord is covering most of his mouth.

Thanks Jay for all your trouble, it was so fun.

3 comments:

andrea said...

Cute ultrasound pictures. I'm so excited to see the little guy in real life.

Lucy said...

So cute. Thank you so much for saving my week. It was going downhill so fast but our little lunch yesterday put the brakes on. I'm so glad the baby turned! Now you get to look forward to the whole thing.

Jen Childers said...

I was lucky enough to have one of those wonderful ultrasounds that Jay did (well acutally the techs did it)...it was so fun to see the baby in 3-D. Good luck with these last few months!