Monday, January 28, 2008

Thank you Pres. Hinkley!

I was sad and surprised to hear of Pres. Hinkley's passing. I feel kind of abandoned in a way. Like what in the world will we do without him. In a quiet way I depended on him, his strength and his optimism.

I know time marches on, and we are not left alone. There is another amazing, well prepared and inspired man ready to step into his shoes. But for this moment I miss Pres. Hinkley. He was a rock, and so sweet. I'll miss him telling us to be a little kinder. He always had comforting words to send us on our way into the world.

Recently Elder Ballard visited my parents stake and stayed with my mom and dad. He happened to be missing his first great grandchild's baptism that weekend. He told my parents that he would never do this job for anyone but the Lord. I think of all the time and all the incredible sacrifice Pres. Hinkley put in on our behalf. The countless family events, holidays, birthdays, recitals, that went on without him because he was busy serving. What a blessing his life was to all of us!

It makes me feel pretty lame to think of the piddly amount of sacrifice I make, and service I give. Pres. Hinkley's death makes me feel a renewed energy and desire to serve more, and complain less --Do what I can to ease the burden of my leaders. He was a great man. I love him dearly. God bless him.

6 comments:

[alisar] said...

What a wonderful perspective. I am loving all the President Hinckley tributes I've read this week. His influence reached so far!

andrea said...

great tribute. I too feel inspired to do more in his honor.

Lucy said...

I love your perspective. It is the best and only reason to do what is asked of us.

Angi said...

Hey-Where's Alec?

Grant said...

-Grant I Know its so sad! at least he's with his wife. PS I updated my blog, oh and I like comments.

Grant said...

-Grant I Know its so sad! at least he's with his wife. PS I updated my blog, oh and I like comments.