Monday, January 7, 2008

I'm fading fast...

As much as I would like to love blogging, I'm fading fast... I love the idea of putting all my thoughts down for posterity(since I haven't kept a journal since 1994). I even love reading all my friends, and even my own. It just doesn't come as a natural interest to me. I think it has to do with my adult ADD :) which I have fully embraced as my excuse for anything and everything time consuming. But in the name of journalling, and keeping in touch with friends and family, I am going to press on. I'm sure it will come full circle, and in a few weeks I'll be excited and totally into it again (knowing me).

So I thought of my word for the year...

..........ENJOY..........
  • Enjoy it all!
  • the kids being so little and so loving.
  • cuddling in bed with the whole family in the morning
  • Chad and I making all our plans and schemes together
  • serving in primary
  • hauling the troops up to the cabin and back (and all their stuff)
  • hauling the troops and all their stuff anywhere we go.
  • being together and bonding.
  • family home evenings
  • our fruit trees
  • playing checkers with Reese
  • changing Abbies earrings for her, and combing her little rats nest everyday.
  • Kisses at bedtime and before school.
  • Alec wanting to crack every egg, stir every batter, peel every vegetable etc...
  • watching Lukie crawl all over the house after me.
  • hearing Reese talk nonstop about the wonders of kindergarten.
  • watching food network with Abbs,
  • playing lightning McQueen with Alec
  • cuddling with little Luke and enjoying every moment of his babyhood
  • watching movies at the cabin with Chad and eating his monster breakfasts.
  • Elementary school
  • Everything else... if you're going to live it, you might as well enjoy it!

I have this huge fear that my kids will all of a sudden be grown up and I won't have enjoyed every minute of it. So that is my goal for 2008 and beyond.

.....Enjoy!.....

6 comments:

andrea said...

Don't fade too fast. I love your blog! I love the word "enjoy." It's so true that we just need to enjoy where we at. You are a great example of enjoying all that life has to offer. I can't believe that Luke is almost one. It just all goes by too fast.

Lucy said...

I want to see Luke crawl! You enjoy life more than anyone I've ever met. It's inspiring to me:)

I'm glad you accept and honor your adult ADD. It is exquisitely you!

Crump Family said...

I agree with Andrea, I love reading your blog. The other day I was thinking about an entry you wrote a while back about creativity and how you are "creating" your children's childhood and memories, whether it's birthdays, holidays, or the day to day. That really stuck with me. So don't quit your blogging-you never know when you might write something that makes a difference for someone else.

I've never heard of the concept of picking a word or phrase to focus on for the new year until just this year. I think it's a great idea! Now you've got me thinking what word I'd pick. Hmmmmm?

[alisar] said...

I really think blogging is a worthwhile hobby. It serves as part journal, part photo album, part "figuring out who I am". You can't beat that, right?
I hope you can stick with it - I always miss your posts when you go a while in between!

Lara said...

Good reminder to enjoy every day! Hope this next year is fabulous !!!!

Rebecca said...

I feel the same as you, although maybe even more so because you are a lot better at it than I am. I feel like blogging is more work than fun. But I too will press on in the name of journaling!