I don't actually have any pictures of the snow in the pot, though I thought about taking some several times!
My parents came up for Abbie's baptism and stayed a few days. We had such a great time. They are so easy to have around.
We headed up to the cabin Sunday after church. When we arrived we discovered the pump to our well had frozen and cracked and we had no water. Of course that didn't stop us from staying for three days. My dad went outside over and over and brought in buckets of snow and melted them on the stove so we could flush the toilet--Problem solved!
We had an awesome funfilled time! Here's what we did...
We hiked around the back yard.


We discovered all sorts of cool stuff. Here's a cute little bird nest with eggs still in it.

My dad found this group of trees that had been recently gnawed off by a beaver.

Reese found this little stil a beaver had peeled the bark off of.
We found a big frozen pond that we skated on forever.

We played tons of games.

Here's my mom playing cars with Alec. They have a race course set up out of pistachio shells.
My dad played checkers and chess with Reese over and over.
We went skiing. Here I am just before my maiden voyage down the bunny hill. It was surprisingly harder than it looked the first time down. Luckily I had the kids to coach me along. I caught on after a couple times. They really shouldn't just let people loose without some supervision. I could easily have wiped some unsuspecting skiier our completely!!! (Luckily it was a Monday and there was almost noone in sight.)


My mom stayed in the lodge with Luke the whole time.
Can't wait till they come again!!
6 comments:
Fun times. That bird's nest is adorable. Hope you had a great new year's. I'm dying to talk to you but I've come down with a sore throat and can barely talk. We'll catch up soon.
Fun, fun, fun! Isn't it great to have parents visit!!!!
Way to go on the skiing!!!!!! You are much braver than I.
Love all the pictures. And your resourcefulness. I'm not sure I would have thought of snow in the pot. How great that your parents are as good of sports as you both are (but, of course, they are...they made you!)
I'd love to get the details on your ski experience. The first time I went, I ended up underneath one of those plastic fences. And that was WITH the ski lesson. :)
I think your cabin is an investment into the well being of your family. It seems that it is the perfect environment to create the wholesome family activities counseled in the Proclamation.
I love that your dad melted snow for water. Genius!
How fun!! You look like a pro!! It sounds like you had a great time with your family. Your parents look like a lot of fun.
that was so nice to have your parents come up for abbies' baptism. I'm glad you had fun with them. I wish they lived closer, for you!
Post a Comment