Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fun in the Snow...

We had some friends up to the cabin this weekend and had a great time. There's at least 3 1/2 feet of snow up there. It's a winter wonderland! We skied at Schweitzer Friday and had a so much fun. I put Luke in the daycare hoping to be able to take a lesson, then ski the bunny hill with Alec for a couple hours while Chad took the big kids. Well, poor Luke didn't feel well (he had a double ear infection and his crazy mother didn't know, so abandoned the poor guy in the daycare). Needless to say, he didn't last long. He cried the whole time and I picked him up right after my lesson. At least Chad had a chance to ski with Alec. So I took the two little boys out to the car where we sat for 4 hours. It was the best alternative because Luke went right to sleep in his car seat and Alec watched 2 movies. I listened to a book on tape for a while, and talked to everyone I know on the phone. So another day of "skiing" ha, ha, under our belt. Chad and the two big kids had a great time though. Abbie and Reese are really improving, and love it!

Saturday we played outside all morning with the kids. Here are a few pictures.

3 comments:

Crump Family said...

I'm sorry to hear about your ski trip, but I'm glad to hear that Luke should be feeling better soon. I love the pics. You take fabulous photos!

Lucy said...

You adapt remarkably well to situations like this. I remember last year, how differently we handled being in the lodge. I acknowledge your superiority in this area and bow down to you!

Poor Luke. I can't imagine what it must be like to have an ear infection and not have the verbal abilities to let others know the trouble. I'm glad you caught on and he's feeling more like himself.

Oh...and the snow at the cabin looks like all kinds of fun. I'm having serious pains here as a member of the sidelines!

Rebecca said...

The snow looks great! Sorry you had to sit in the car. Hopefully things will go better next time!