Umm could it be the week of Halloween? Holy cow, I love Halloween but am literally exhausted every year when the week is over. What could be more fun than a week full of parties, candy, decorations, games and surprises? How about all that but don't forget to outfit yourself and all your little people in a head to toe costume over and over for each event? And make sure you capture every moment not only in pictures, but on video simultaneously. No really, it is a ton of fun!! I love the whole festiveness of Halloween and the start of the holiday season.
This year I decided to chill out a little with the pictures and just enjoy a little more. It made all the difference in the world. I wasn't constantly trying to juggle cameras, and getting frustrated that the kids wouldn't look at me and smile on demand.
In fact I chilled out so much that we were driving home from somewhere the night before Halloween and Chad and I realized we had forgotten to carve pumpkins! We went to the pumpkin patch weeks ago, let each kid pick out their perfect pumpkin, set them all on the front porch, and forgot to carve them. How did this happen? We forgot to carve pumpkins!! Oh well, there's always next year right.
The whole crew decked out.
Abbie-grapes
Alec-Luke Sky Walker
Reese- ET
Luke-Horse
I love Halloween, it's one of my favorite holidays.
6 comments:
Cute pics. I loved Abbie's hair with the grapes. It was adorable. I love Halloween too. Unfortunately I have too many traiditions associated with it and I've just had to let some of them go. We did end up carving pumpkins this year but the deer ate them right off our front porch.
That ET costume is a scream!! Reece said your mom made it. It is amazing. I loved Abbie's Grapes too. Your kids looked darling.
Your kids are pretty darn cute! I love how you work so hard to make things special for your kids. I'd probably like Halloween if I only looked at it with their eyes.
Those are very darling costumes your kids have. It is hard to do all you want to do with each holiday that comes and goes. So glad you found this one more relaxing. Happy Halloween!!
You forgot to mention the sugar highs, AND lows that lasted all weekend! :-) You're right - it is a great kick off to the holiday season.
cute kids! I love the costumes=0).
Post a Comment