Saturday, May 31, 2008

Some things I love on May 31, 2008...

  1. Family time. I love not being scheduled. Having everyone home and just hanging around.
  2. Barbeque's on the back patio. This time of year we eat out back almost every night. Most of the time I grill something, the rest of the time we hall it all out on my big orange tray.
  3. Of course my food storage is a current obsession. We have an official 11 months supply as of this week. Almost there!
  4. Being a mom. It really is all I thought it would be.
  5. My fruit trees. So far this year I see little peaches, nectarines, pears, Asian pears, and cherries coming. It's the first year for my pear tree, both cherries, and my Saturn peach to bear fruit. I'm so excited I can hardly stand it. (A whole post on my cute little fruit soon to come...)
  6. Snuggling with Lukie. He gives the best loves.
  7. One on one bedtime with the big kids. They tell me all about their day, I love it. Every night Alec says. "Mom do you want me to tell you my goodnesses and badnesses of today?"
  8. Clean laundry. Laundry is my #1 nemesis. So I love the day or two right after it's all done and put away. Such great days!
  9. The buy one get one free book fair at the elementary school. I admit, children's books are a major weakness.
  10. My little veggie garden. It's so sweet and fun. I just love to grow things. So far I have one little tomato the size of a pea.
  11. Watching Chad chase Luke around the house. He just squeals and laughs and laughs.
  12. Sunscreen. If you need sunscreen, it's gotta be a good day.
  13. Biking. One of my all time favorites I've decided.
  14. Oh yeah! Can't forget- a freshly mopped floor. Somehow everything is better when the floor is clean!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

I've always loved your attitude, Kariann. You may have written that you loved these things on May 31, but you manage to love these parts of your life every single day. You're a good person to be around because of it. I'm glad you had a great day.

Betsy said...

Yeah for Laundry being done!! and a freshly mopped floor! And for snuggling =0). And I am completely impressed with your 11 month food storage! Oh happy day =0)

Lara said...

Love your mommy insight!