Sunday, May 11, 2008

I love Mother's Day...

Mother's Day always seems to be a great day. I love it for many reasons. I love being a mom, and am always reminded of how cool it is. I love being pampered and remembered. Chad almost always thinks of something nice to do for me. This year he surprised me by taking my hanging baskets to the nursery and having them planted. This process usually takes me 5 or 6 hours starting with plant purchasing, and ending with the miserable task of stuffing moss into all the outside crevices. This year I don't have to do it! Yay! He can just keep on doing that one every year. I love Mother's Day.
But one of my main reasons for loving this holiday is that I have the best mom ever! Here are a few pictures of her. They captures what she's all about--The best darn lady ever born.

This is her in the computer room madly trying to earn Webkinz money for Reese and Alec. She used her unbelievable typing skills to play the one typing game on Webkins and earn them crazy amounts of cash. It was adorable, and they were thrilled (and mesmerized by the shear speed of her fingers.) Many a spare moment was spent with my mom helping someone make a little extra kinzcash.
Then there was the pirate treasure hunt. She spent months telling the kids all about the treasure map they had found and the hunt they would have next time they came. She made costumes and all. The best part was the hype, all the phone calls and great connection she made with my kids which is hard to do from a long distance.

Last year it was a dragon theme. She sent them fossils and broken egg shells. They talked all about dragons and princesses for months over the phone. My kids were so excited. Then at her house we had a dragon hunt and each of the kids found a dragon egg in her back yard. Amazingly enough each egg was even burrowed in it's own nest made of straw and twigs. Here is a picture of the duct tape hat she made Alec so he could be a knight and protect his kingdom from the dragons.

Can't forget the weeks she has spent with me every time I have a baby. All the help and attention only a mom can give.

Then of course there was the dog show that I blogged about a few days ago. She gives untiring quality time to my kids. They love and adore her and don't want to leave her side from the first minute to the last. I actually think she loves my kids as much as I do (or pretty darn close anyway) And that's saying a LOT!

Last week Alec came down and got in bed with me in the morning. I was giving him cuddles and telling him I loved him so much. This was our conversation;

Alec- Mom, you're just like your mom.

Me- Why do you say that.

Alec- Because you love me so much.

Pause...

Alec again- Do you know why I call Grandma JoLynn all the time?

Me- Why?

Alec- Because she likes me.

What more could I ask for? Sometimes I am so grateful my kids have such an awesome grandma. We are so blessed. Then I remember that I was lucky enough to have her for my mom. She was even better at that.



5 comments:

Angi said...

Happy Mother's Day Kar!

Betsy said...

I love Alec's comment =0). That is so cute =0)

Kristin said...

What a sweet post about an obviously very amazing mother! I love that her enthusiasm for motherhood was passed on down to her daughter as well. You are one of the very best moms I know!! I hope you had a wonderful day.

[alisar] said...

Your and Betsy's posts about your mom are totally amazing. It is not surprising to me that you have a wonderful mother, as I've had the pleasure of knowing two of her lovely daughters!

Lucy said...

Holy blogging storm! I have only met your mother a handful of times and can tell she is something special. Best of all, you seem so much like her. No wonder you are so darn likable:)