My sister Betsy posted the recipe for this yummy whole wheat bread a couple weeks ago, and I finally tried it yesterday. It was really good; probably the best whole wheat bread I've ever made. It was easy too.
I made it in my kitchen aid. On the last step I had to dump it out and knead it by hand because it's such a big batch. It easily made 4 loaves. I don't know what to do with 4 loaves of whole wheat bread. So next time I'll either give some away, or cut the recipe in half. I did try to freeze one loaf of dough, so I'll see how that turns out.
Here it is...
Annie's Whole Wheat Bread
First mix-
2c. whit flour
8c. whole wheat flour
2 heaping T. yeast
6c. very warm water
for 1 minute, then cover and let sit for 10 minutes.
Second add-
1 1/2 T salt
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. brown sugar or honey
mix, then add-
4-6 c. more whole wheat flour and knead
third-
turn on oven to warm
knead dough for 10 minutes
shape into loaves and put into greased pans (makes 4 loaves)
turn oven off and place pans in oven to let rise for 25-30 minutes
fourth- turn oven to 350 degrees and immediately set timer for 30 minutes.
fifth- Eat up
Thanks Bets!
1 comment:
That sounds so good. I can't wait to try it. I just made sushi for Sunday dinner. I was so inspired by your delicious sushi. Surprise Surprise...my kids did eat it!! Well...not Ailey. But still...
Post a Comment