We had a great holiday weekend. We headed up to the cabin after school Friday. Chad's parents, Kyndra, Aaron and kids, and Blair and Becca came up with us. We started the night with a little "Great Dalmuty". It was a lot of fun. The kids were so great. They (Abbie, Alec, Reece, and Emme) all rolled out the sleeping bags up in the loft and Abbie told them stories until they fell asleep. No one made a peep until after 7:00am. Blair and Becca slept out in our newly carpeted bunk room. 

Saturday the weather was perfect. Blair and Aaron each brought their guns, and we did a little target practice. This was my first time ever shooting a gun. I actually hit the target 5 out of 6 times, and I even got the bullseye! Beginners' luck.
We did some three wheeling. The kids are getting pretty good. Abbie even drove Luke around several times.
We finished up the afternoon with a little barbecue, then everyone headed home.
Monday we took the boat out for the first time of the season. We went down to Porcupine bay. It was a little windy in the morning, but after lunch it settled down. The water was the coldest I've ever been in, but Abbie and Reece were great little sports and did their thing. Abbie skied and wake boarded, and Reece wake boarded with a little bribing. I even took a few runs. But I was seriously in shock at how cold the water still was. It's amazing how you can still get used to it after a few minutes. The kids always seem to have a great time. They played for hours on the little playground.

It was a really great weekend. We had so much fun up at the cabin with Chad's family. What I love most about the cabin is the lack of distractions. We have each other's undivided attention. The kids get quality time with grandma and grandpa, and everyone else. There's no TV, no ball games, no phones, no shopping, not really even eating out. Just sit around and enjoy each other, a beautiful thing.
3 comments:
I cannot believe you shot a gun! That makes me laugh. A totally unexpected talent. ;)
I LOVE picture of Reece pushing the merry-go-round. Look at those buff muscles! Tell him I think he must be working out to have those guns! You should definitely frame that somewhere.
WE had a great time up at the cabin! we loved it. the picture of reese is really cool. I like it a lot. I've got more pictures I need to put on mine!
Post a Comment