I ordered these two products from some random website I found and now our kits are actually portable (which I think is the idea of a 72 hour kit).
Monday, May 19, 2008
Lighten up...
As part of my current food storage obsession, our 72 hour kits needed a little revamping. We couldn't even lift them. This is a picture of the food and water alone that I had stuffed into our backpacks. All these canned goods, no kidding. The kids literally couldn't even pick them up.
So I was inspired by some products that Costco had in their adds. After a little online research I found that this is all the food and water one person would need for 72 hrs.

I ordered these two products from some random website I found and now our kits are actually portable (which I think is the idea of a 72 hour kit).
Then I stuffed them back under the garage staircase not to be seen or given a thought for another 4 or 5 years (I hope).
I ordered these two products from some random website I found and now our kits are actually portable (which I think is the idea of a 72 hour kit).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very impressive. I think your obsessions are always fun, but food storage is a good bug to get bit by. I'm hoping that someday I'll get around to it, before all the disasters strike:)
Post a Comment