We're "training" (wink wink) for the "Apple Blossom Festival 5K". It's on May 3rd (which I think is the same day as the junior Bloomsday). But I really wanted a race that we could all run as a family. So it's in Wenatchee, and there's a whole festival attached. I'm really excited. We'll head over early in the morning, run our race, then spend the day at the festival. Hopefully it will be a fun tradition we can do every year. (And we get a T-shirt! What more could you want!)
We went down to the elementary school and started with some stretches. Then we jogged two laps.
In the middle we did a few drills. ha ha.
A few sprints...
I had to remind Chad, as he lapped the kids for the second time, that this is about the kids. So he slowed down and helped them along.
Does anyone want to join us?
P.S. Our training has been temporarily and frustratingly(?) halted due to the crazy weather and 2 inches of snow on the ground in MARCH!!!
7 comments:
Way to go. I love it and you know I share this same philosophy. That will be so fun to take a little trip and do the race.
What a wonderful example you are setting. I seriously have no memories of my parents doing any exercise. I totally had to learn that physical activity is an important part of life all of my own. What a great head start your kids are getting!
I'm impressed!! It looks so cold though...what is up with the horrible weather. Good luck training. That sounds so fun. Book club 5K in the future?? ;)
that sounds like a great idea kariann! you guys will have so much fun!
I love this idea =0). I love that Luke gets to eat and participate all at the same time =0)
KariAnn, you never cease to amaze me with your creativity and energy!!!
We would love to join you! Call me when you do it again!!!!
Didn't know Moran Prairie School had a little track. (Not used to such nice open spaces either at Adams).
I LOVE this idea. We do the Turkey Trot each year in the Tri-cities. It's a 5k held Thanksgiving morning. My best friend from high school and her family do it with us. It's so much fun.
We just got back from Wenatchee. It's so pretty there - I had no idea. And, all those Apple trees. You're going to have a blast!
Post a Comment