My big sister Angi came to visit for a long weekend with her baby Elise. We had such a great time. She's so easy to have around, just laid back and easy to please.
They came Thursday evening and left Tuesday afternoon.
I asked a little child watching favor from several friends, and was able to be kid free Friday, and Monday. Friday we went shopping out in the valley and out to lunch at Red Robin, then headed up to the cabin when the kids got out of school. Saturday Chad watched all the kids including our one year old and Angi's one year old all day. Angi and I headed up the mountain and braved skiing. She'd never been so it was pretty exciting. I kicked myself at least a dozen times for not bringing my camera or video camera to catch all the action. Poor Angi was all over the place for the first hour. I was totally useless, all I could do was laugh hysterically and try to give my best pieces of advice, which obviously were no good. But after skiing right off a 20 foot cliff the first time down the hill, she was brave enough to keep trying and picked it up really fast. She was a downright expert by 4:00 when we left the mountain.Sunday we had a lazy day sleeping in and hanging around the house. Then Monday we headed out North to do a little more shopping and go to lunch again. We hit Mel's and Linnie's of course.
She didn't leave until 4:00 on Tuesday, so we again had a nice relaxed morning. We didn't really go anywhere or do anything big. We just packed her things and hung around chit chatting.
The whole weekend was a ton of fun. Can't wait to do it again.
The kids made Angi a welcome sign and taped it to her door.
Here's the crew, Abbie, Alec, and Reese with their Aunt Angi and cousin Elise.
A fuzzy picture of two cute babies in their car seats.
Here we are right after our ski trip (she's our short sister:))
3 comments:
Sounds like fun!!
I'm sooooo glad you could have some great sister time!!!!!
I'm so, so, so happy for you that your sweet sister visited. I know how much that must have meant. You guys look so cute together and with your kids.
Post a Comment