Thursday, March 20, 2008

Sushi Night

I got it in my mind that it would be fun to make sushi for dinner. So Saturday, after finding some great recipes online, Abbie and I headed to this adorable little Asian market I discovered a couple months ago. We parused every isle for about an hour and found all sorts of treasures and cool stuff. We put together a whole fun little spread. Everyone got to order their own personalized sushi and help make it.

The kids were good little sports. They all did a great job of trying everything, including the pickled ginger and wasabi. Alec even asked for a second taste of the wasabi which difinitely surprised me because I couldn't hardly eat it. He must have dull taste buds. Anyway, it was tons of fun and I got to use my cute little oriental dishes and chopsticks.

We'll have to do a sushi party sometime!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your posts are so fun, I love reading them. I've got to get my act together and update my blog.

Unknown said...

How fun!! Did you and Abbie go to Bay's Market on Sprague? That is my favorite one. I go once a month and stock up on all kinds of things. Ailey loves to go because they spoil her rotten and give her little cookies and candy.

I'm impressed your kids would eat it. Even my vegetarian kids are hesitant to eat sushi much to me and Tyler's dismay. I was wolfing down sushi at about 7 years old and I've never looked back! I just had some last weekend!! ;)

KariAnn said...

Kristin,

We went to Bay Market. I just discovered it, and LOVE it. I just took my mom there yesterday.

andrea said...

Yum! I'm so impressed. It looks so good.

Betsy said...

Kari that looks like so much fun. I'm inspired =0). I love the picture of Luke with the chopsticks =0).

Carolyn said...

Yum - I love sushi! I'm so inspired to have my kids try it now. Thanks for the great idea!

Lara said...

You are always so adventurous!!!!

You make sushi look good - even though there is no way I would ever eat fish (cooked or raw).

Love the picture of Luke and his chopsticks!!!!!