We had a great weekend. One of my really good friends, Lucy, moved away and came back to visit for the weekend with her three kids. We had a really fun time. The kids played great for hours on end, and we managed to have them all in bed every night by 8:00. Those two factors always add up to a really nice pleasant, vacation for us and the kids. And they were so cute together.
Chad went out of town for the week early Sunday morning, so we had a couple days to ourselves. It was perfect timing to have Lucy around, I hate when Chad goes out of town and I'm hanging out by myself!
One awesome thing that came from hanging out with Lucy is that I've been reinspired in a couple of ways.
- The first is that I'm feeling excited about is blogging again. I can see real value in it, and it's such a fun way to keep in touch. I'm amazed at the complexity of the blogging world. It's just like any other hobby. Photography for example, you can buy a nice little point and shoot camera, take a few snap shots and stick them in photo sleeves. Or you can delve into all the details of buying nice equiptment, take classes, crop and touch up etc.
As you can see from my blog, the part that I'm really interested in the most is the pictures, I spent all day, it seems, cropping and changing my pictures and figuring out how to size my banner. I love that part! Which leads me to my second re-inspiration.
- I love photography and was really into it for a while. I never stopped loving it, but ran out of time to keep up with it like I'd like. My little sister however is now obsessed and is taking the most beautiful pictures. I was telling Lucy about her and showed her Betsy's blog. In turn she showed me the blog of a friend that is an amazing photographer. (It turns out that I know Lucy's friend from my college days at BYU which is crazy, and really fun). Anyway, between these two great photographers, and their gorgeous pictures, I've seriously got the bug again. I'm ready to jump back into my all time favorite hobby ! Yeah!
It's so fun to be passionate about things. It's great to be re-inspired!!! To bad there's only 24 hours in the day!
5 comments:
You have a knack for taking pictures. You are really good at it. I love the new picture on your heading it is really cute. I can't wait to see the fruits of your 're-inspiration'.
Kari...So cute! I love the red and white theme, and I am so glad that you are re-inspired. Life is so much more fun when you feel passionately about something. And I can't wait to see all your pictures. I love looking at pictures as much as I love taking them =0).
Love you-Betsy
I love how you've changed your blog template - really cool.
It is always fun to see what you are up to and what your kids are doing (even if I see you every week at preschool and church).
I'm so glad you have a fun weekend with Lucy. It was great to see her smiling face and her cute kids again!
I love your re-inspiration. The red and white is very cute and the new pictures of the kids are adorable.
So you figured out the banner. I'm not surprised. There isn't much that you can't figure out when you get determined enough:) As for photography, you have so much talent and I'm only sad that I'm no longer around to have my kids be some of your practice;)
It was a perfect time for me. Thanks so much for the welcome mat and for having great kids that play so well with mine. I'm hoping for many repeats in the future:)
Post a Comment