Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Luke's First birthday!

Well, I'm finally back. It's been forever since I've posted anything. Life has been crazy around our house. I have a whole bunch of back entries I would like to post mulling around in my head. I'll start with little Luke turning a year old already on Feb. 10th! Where does the time go?


I won't recap his whole long birth story because I posted the whole thing last year when he was born. He had a fun little birthday though. We started the celebration with a little lunch at Zips. After naps and a few other errands we took the kids to Savageland Pizza Saturday night hoping to avoid the craziness of Chuck-E-Cheese. It was so much worse! The only benefit was that it's a whole lot closer than Chuck-E-Cheese. That was the first and last time we'll go there. I think the kids had a good time though. Luke played in the tunnels for a little while and chowed on some pizza. Then on Sunday we had Chad's siblings and families over for a more pizza, and a little cake and ice cream. It was a lot of fun. Luke didn't really dig in to his cake, he just looked at it for awhile and thought about what to do. Finally I gave him a fork and he started to spear it.


Lunch at Zips




Taking a little nap

Pizza at Savageland
Playing in the tubes and tunnels

Luke is such a sweet little guy. He just fits right into the family, I can hardly picture us without him. It's so fun to think that he's just one of us, and will tag along forever now.
He's always happy and smiling. He loves cars and balls and will crawl around the house all morning chasing his little Diego beach ball, or driving a little hot wheel. The big kids just adore him too. They help him, feed him, play with him, sing to him. It's so sweet to watch them interact.
I just love Luke's chubby little body. In just a diaper he looks like a little tank. he has chub everywhere. I can't resist his pudgy thighs. I want to eat them right up. And the dimples on his little hands and feet are adorable.
He loves to cuddle up when I feed him. He puts his head on my chest and cozies right in while I rock or sing to him. It's so much fun. He and Alec are almost three years apart. I had forgotten how much fun it is to have a new little one around. The whole dynamic of our household and family is different, and so much fun.
We're all so thrilled and grateful you came into our lives Lukie!!!

One Month
Two months
Three Months
Four Months

Six Months
Seven MonthsEight Months
Nine Months
Ten Months (couldn't find the bear)
Eleven Months


Twelve Months (Luke and bear have bonded)One year old facts:
  • 25lbs. 8oz
  • can say mama, dada, ball(ba), and baba, and can vroom like a car
  • waves bye bye
  • can climb up and down the stairs
  • can put all the coins into the piggy bank
  • still drinks a bottle and sleeps in his crib
  • loves his red polka dot blanky
  • 8 teeth
  • can point to your nose, or his nose
  • loves to give kisses, lots of them!

6 comments:

andrea said...

Oh my that Lukie is so cute. I am seriously baby hungry and looking at all those baby pictures about did me in. I can't believe Luke is one. Where does the time go?

Angi said...

What a sweetie! He really is a manly version of you as a baby! Even more now that he's a little older. Elise had so much fun playing with him last week!

Lara said...

Any time I see or hold Luke it makes me all baby hungry all over again.

It is so fun to reflect over their first year! Thanks for sharing.

Six Stantons said...

I miss you so much! I can't wait to come visit again. Luke is so handsome! I love that you took a photo next to the teddy bear every month. Genius! I'm going to start that with Dane next week when he turns 5 months. Call me when you get a chance!!

Rebecca said...

How did that bear get smaller and smaller every month? Happy birthday to Luke. He is such a sweet little guy!

By the way I too do not endorse Savageland! It is so dirty! Yuck. But that is something only the parents notice. I'm sure the kids had a great time!

Lucy said...

He's got so much more hair! I can't believe your baby is one. It goes so fast. I'm not sure I can keep up the staggering we have going on.

I hope he had a happy birthday. He's absolutely adorable. And so smart!