Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 2...Food storage Food journal...

Today for breakfast we had

  • the choice of yesterday's rolls with jam,
  • or Cheerios with powdered milk.

It went over pretty well. I don't even think they noticed it was powdered milk (of course I did put brown sugar on the cereal to help matters).

Here's Alec scarfing down his cereal and powdered milk. He even drank the milk out of the bowl when he was done!




Lunch-


  • Peanut Butter and Jelly on Rolls,

  • dried apple slices

  • Abbie got a roll, dried apple slices, and a baggie with half a can of mandarin oranges. Luckily she's not a big lunch eater.






Dinner-

  • "THE rolls"
  • 1 can green beans with salt and pepper
  • potato pearls with what I call beefy gravy= 2 packages of brown gravy mix + 1 can of canned roast beef made into a mouthwatering gravy.

They liked it. Reese licked his plate clean.

One thing I've definitely noticed is some sort of meat makes it taste like a real meal. I'm going to work on accumulating canned beef and chicken for sure.

Also, spices are a must.

We're almost out of "the rolls" I have to gear up to make more bread of some kind tomorrow. If we had to make everything we ate, we'd all be awfully skinny!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I'm loving your food storage journal! I also tried this before (I use the word "tried" because I only lasted a couple days!) Keep posting your great recipes.

p.s. There's a website to buy powdered eggs, it's eggstore.com - it comes in a bag.

[alisar] said...

Please keep us posted on your experiment - this is such an awesome idea!