The icicles on the far right are down to the ground. Holy Cow.This week I started converting my blog into a book. It's going to take me forever literally. But it helped me realize that I want to revert back to more of a true journal format. I want to write my thoughts and feelings, and record the day to day happenings of our family.
So in the interest of journalling, I'm going to backtrack a little.
Almost two weeks ago we went to bed Saturday night with it snowing pretty hard, and woke up to the biggest snowfall I think I've ever seen here. At our house we had about 15 inches of fresh snow. The snow didn't quit all day. It just snowed and snowed. Church was cancelled and Chad blew the driveway twice on Sunday, not to mention the three other peoples drives he blew. Luckily we had just bought a tow rope because he pulled three people out of the snow also. It was crazy. School was cancelled for an entire week and our district hasn't had a snow day in 14 years!
Over the next week we got a few more inches. The roads were terrible. The governor actually declared us in a state of emergency (hopefully that means we won't have to make up the school days at the end of the year).
It's beautiful. One of my favorite things about this area is all the evergreen trees in the winter. With a freshly fallen snow it looks like a winterwonderland. Here's a picture of our swingset in the backyard, you can get an idea of how deep the snow is. The swings are completely covered. Even the rocket on the end with handlebars is covered.

I'm actually getting kind of sick of this weather. I think this would be a great time of year to go somewhere warm.
6 comments:
Holy Cow is right! Those are quite the icicles (or as my kids keep calling them - icebergs).
I think I am pretty much done with the snow too. If I knew it was safe to drive anywhere I'd be gone!
I'm just catching up on your blog!! I have so much I want to talk to you about on Tuesday!!
1.) Converting blog into book form.
2.) Your whole food storage experiment...fascinating. What a great idea!! Now imagine if you didn't have electricity!!
I'd love it if you posted your roll recipe AND the bread recipe. Also what brand of canned beef did you buy?
You are such an inspiration!!
I am OVER THE SNOW too!!
Those are the coolest icicles. Hasn't this winter been amazing? I'm mostly loving it. It would be nice to go somewhere warm but then we'd have to leave the ski hill. We truly live in one of the coolest spots on earth.
Wow cool! Let me know how the blog-book goes.
Cute banner change. And holy snow batman! What a winter to miss out on:)
I've enjoyed your food storage experiment. I'm impressed! Did you go to claimjumpers? That's what I imagined. Or Wolf Lodge? Whatever it was, I hope it was good. Wish we could have gone with you guys. Those were the days:)
I love your new layout. I agree with Kristin, tell us more about how you are converting your blog to book form. Are you printing then out and binding them up? Steve's Grandparents did the food storage experiment for a week thing a long time ago and decided that the thing they needed to be sure they added was lots more chocolate. They seriously always have 50 lbs of chocolate in their storage now. We get peanut M&Ms in all our packages from them instead of styrofoam peanuts (it makes for a cleaver way to rotate it). I love the pictures you took of Luke. You're going to have to start picking up the slack when Misty moves-so prepare yourself.
Post a Comment