Thursday, February 14, 2008

Bribery...my favorite tool.

How's this for stellar parenting. My kids really wanted to participate in the science fair this year at school. They heard all about it in their classes and were thinking of ideas. Well, I didn't really want to do it. It's mandatory in a couple of years anyway, we can do it then.

So I offered them each $5 if they didn't do it. They both took it and haven't metioned the fair since. I guess they know a good deal when they see one.

6 comments:

Lara said...

Love it!!! (Although being the ex-science teacher I think I will have let my kids actually do it.)

Angi said...

It's good they learn early about incentives right? Smart kids!

Kristin said...

OH YOU LUCKY LUCKY GIRL!! Reilly is at the age where it is mandatory...it comes so quickly. As we speak I have various cheeses molding...gag. I was just a mean mom and told Reilly and Kameron "no" last year..and said "no" again to Kameron this year and said that he had something to look forward to in 5th grade. Maybe I should go offer him $5 bucks...brillant my friend...brillant!!

[alisar] said...

I can't believe you did this! I laughed right out loud at this post. I never expected this from you, but I LOVE IT! Thanks for the laughs!

Carolyn said...

Why didn't I think of that????? :-)

Rebecca said...

I'm so proud of you!