Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Food Journal Day 3...

So far so good, the kids haven't even missed a beat. However, I'd sure like some ice cream, or anything I don't have to whip up myself for that matter.

Breakfast-
  • same as yesterday, rolls with jam, or cheerios with powdered milk.

Lunch-

  • Leftover white bean chicken chilli for me,
  • Leftover potato pearls and beefy gravy for Alec
  • Leftover rolls with pb and j for Reese,
  • canned peaches
  • For some unknowh reason I bought a can of peas about a year ago and they've been sitting in my pantry ever since. Well today was the perfect opportunity to open them up for Luke. He picked them off his tray one by one and ate almost half the can. Go figure. Atleast now I don't have to look at them anymore.

At least this is a great way to eat leftovers. Usually at our house they go to waste.

Dinner-

  • Two cans of clam chowder
  • Homemade oat bread. I found a great, easy, apparently foolproof, no eggs needed recipe. I might post it later, cause it's perfect for food storage ingredients and it turned out surprisingly good, very moist and soft! Maybe even the best I've ever made, but that's not saying much.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I am just catching up on your food storage journaling! You are so brave. I think if we had to eat from my food storage cooking I would be the first one to starve to death. I have very picky eaters, but I confess I am the first one to cut off the crusts from my own sandwiches. The canned oranges in a baggy is hilarious! I can't wait to see how the rest of the week goes!

Lara said...

Awesome! Glad the rolls lasted a while. It is fun to see your creative uses of food. The beefy gravey dinner looks delicious and I definately want to make the bread!

Blecca and R Home said...

that's funny because my mom just made a recipe for me for bread and it doesn't call for eggs or milk, it just uses water and it turned out fantastic :) a picture is on my blog