Sunday, November 11, 2007

A little hard work.

We headed up to the cabin this weekend with the Young Men from church. They wanted to have a campout, and asked if they could do it at our place.

It worked out great. They camped in our unfinished bunkroom, and cooked inside. They spent most of their time running around outside shooting each other with pellet guns and playing capture the flag. They wanted to do a service project, so Saturday morning after breakfast they tore down a chickenwire fence we wanted to get rid of. It was great. It would have taken Chad and I hours by ourselves to do it. So thank you boys!

6 comments:

andrea said...

I'm so glad it worked out for you to have the YM up there. I was worried it would be annoying but a little free labor makes everything worth it.

Kristin said...

What a great idea!! Provide a fun place AND offer a service project!!

Carolyn said...

Perfect combination! I bet the boys loved it up!

Lara said...

That worked out well! You are brave to have the YM in your cabin!!!!

Rebecca said...

I love how your service to the boys came right back to you!

[alisar] said...

That's sounds like a great project. It's always nice to mix work and play!