Sunday, September 30, 2007

Abbie-ism

Kids say the darndest things, and mine are no exception. They are hilarious, and I never document anything they say. I need to write these things down for future laughs. Here's the first Abbie-ism.

SETTING- We're test driving a new car. Chad and I are in the front seats, and Abbie is sitting in the middle with the salesman.

All's quiet, I'm concentrating on not wiping out any parked vehicles, or making any wrong turns, and Abbie, feeling the need to fill the dead air space or something proudly pipes up with this comment. (rather loudly I might add)

--"My moms favorite word, is 'nervous breakdown'!"

Good one Abbs, love ya!

7 comments:

BR said...

Kari...I have thought so many times that I should start a Livisms post, but always think it's probably only funny to me. I was laughing out loud with this one!

Lara said...

Nice one. Did the salesman start looking for a way out of the car?

Sean has picked up on, "Mom, ssshhh! I need to concentrate." And of course, "Stop it, you are driving me bonkers!" Where do they hear these things?!

I love kid-isms. Keep writing them!

Lucy said...

I cringe sometimes when my kids open their mouths because Seth has a serious case of elephant ears and I never know what tidbits he's picked up on during the day and my different conversations.

So...are you o.k? ;)

Kristin said...

Hilarious!!

[alisar] said...

Hilarious! I like "-isms" too.

Angi said...

Kar-
That's so funny...It's kind of like when we were at church and I was shushing Carter and he cried out (while shaking his fist) Ahhhh, Mom! You're friving me FRAZY"!

Rebecca said...

Did she sense that you might be in the middle of one?