Luke needed a couple of outfits for fall, so I ran over to Old Navy to pick up a couple things I had pre-chosen on line (thinking to save myself some time in the store) but wanted to see in person.
So I got there, looked around, and of course picked out a few things for my older boys to match Luke.
Well, no surprise, they didn't have all the sizes I needed, so after debating and spending over an hour I emptied my cart and decided to buy everything online. But my trip was not a complete waste because I tried the outfits on Luke and Alec to know exactly what size to buy. So on the way home I stopped at Shopko for some candles and bought Abbie a cute little coat.
That night I ordered the clothes I wanted from Old Navy and tried the coat on Abbie only to realize that they hadn't removed that big plastic security tag.
So today I got my bag of clothes in the mail from Old Navy. Everything is really cute, but the big dummy that I am, I ordered the wrong size pants for both Luke and Alec. I had intended, after trying them on at the store, to buy the pants one size smaller than the matching jackets, but forgot!
Then I ran to Shopko to get the stinkin tag of my coat, and buy one more candle. Well, I also bought two glass hurricane things to put the candles in, and had the cashier put them on the bottom rack of the cart because Alec was sitting in the back. As you can probably guess, I headed out the door to my car, and turned down the isle to my parking spot, and suddenly CRASH, the bag fell off my cart and both hurricanes shattered!!!
Sometimes I feel like I get absolutely nothing ACCOMPLISHED!!! I'm busy busy with good intentions, but my list never gets SHORTER!! Why is that, and what is wrong with my brain?
6 comments:
Sounds like a typical day that would make me want to yank my hair out! So funny...so familiar!
I know all about running in circles. It's so frustrating when things like that happen because it's so much work to get out and about in the first place.
I can totally relate too! I feel like I am just spinning my wheels most days with out actually getting anywhere.
Oh Kari-Ann I'm so sorry. I was in the Costco parking lot with a FULL cart and holding Eli (more like dragging him because he was throwing a tantrum) and trying to keep the sodas from lunch from falling over in the cart, when something from the bottom fell off. I was so done that I just pushed it with the cart to my car. I'm sure everyone thought I was crazy.
Next time let me babysit for you.
Yup, me too! I am a totaly ditz sometimes. The only thing that I would have done differently in a typical shopping day is get lost on the way to and from the store. That would have added another hour of wasted time. I'm afraid you're just like the rest of us crazy moms.
I know just what you mean! I'm very impressed you went online first and got an idea what you wanted. I often find myself in stores with my kids and just throwing stuff in my cart so I can get out quickly. I waste more $$$ that way!
Post a Comment