Tuesday, March 27, 2007

We're ready to get out of the house!

We're so ready for Spring! I bought a new bike Friday, and after researching for hours, a bike trailer too. So Saturday we loaded up and took the whole fam on our first bike trip of the season. We rode down the hill about 3 miles, then home again, all uphill. Abbie and Reese rode their own bikes the whole way, and did great. I love to bike and can't wait till the weather gets even nicer. My bike worked great. And the trailer was so much fun! Alec and Luke rode in it of course. I wondered if Alec would smother the baby. He loves to kiss and mall, I mean hug him, but he didn't at all. He was a big helper and gave Luke his binky when he lost it. We had a great time. I think this will be an awesome summer.

8 comments:

Lara said...

Way to go!!!!! Chris and I bought bikes and a bike stroller a few years ago in anticipation of some outdoor fun - but we have never got around to it yet. I have never even ridden my bike yet. Now if I could just find an adult stroller that I could hook up to my kids' bikes - then that would be fun!

Carolyn said...

That is the cutest set up ever! You're going to have so much fun "biking around town." I'll be on the look out for the Roland family!

[alisar] said...

What a setup! I haven't owned a bike since I was about 10 years old. After it got stolen (for the second time) my parents never replaced it :( Great neighborhood, I know.
I hope you get lots of miles and fun out of your new gear. It looks awesome!

Angi said...

Is that your new bike? I bought one too, and yes that's the same bike trailer I have! What is that rig you have Luke in? I've been wanting to go for a ride with Carter and Elise but thought I had to wait a few months--apparently not! LOL!!:) One thing I should have known is that Kari never says never! I love you! Ang

Lucy said...

Go, mama, go! I love your zest, KariAnn. You inspire me.

andrea said...

Looks like fun. Love the new bike trailer. Luke looks adorable. Now we just need some more nice weather!

Rebecca said...

You look great on your new bike!

Lindsey from The R House said...

cute family! i can't believe how old all your kids are getting! it has been forever since i've seen you. i'm glad k keeps in us in the loop.