Monday, March 12, 2007

Alec is 3!

Happy Birthday Alec!

Yesterday was Alec's third birthday. He's such a sweet little guy. He's the comedian in our family and is constantly making us laugh. He loves to make silly faces and do crazy little dances. We had a family birthday party for him yesterday. He got a miniature trampoline. (We've been wanting to get one for the kids and this was the perfect oportunity.)

You'll never guess what we had for dinner. Yep, FONDUE! Most of Chad's family had never tried it so I took the opportunity to introduce it to them. We had meat fondue first for dinner with mushrooms and french fries. This is our dining room table fully extended Yikes! I don't think we've ever used both leaves before. I think we had 16 people sitting around it. We had a fondue pot on each end.Then for dessert we had chocolate fondue in the kitchen. We put a pot at each end of the island and stood around it. It was seriously like a really thirsty herd of buffalo around a little bitty water hole. Everyone loved the chocolate. They stood there until it was all gone.

Baby Luke one month



10 things I love about Alec...

  1. His little eyes turn into half moon slits when he smiles really big.

  2. He has huge hands and feet like a big puppy.

  3. He can't say the "F" sound, it always comes out "S" instead.

  4. He loves to bathe. As soon as he sees someone, anyone, in the shower or bath his clothes come off and he's in there too, sometimes he bathes 2 or three times a day. He's clean as a whistle.

  5. He has a dimple in his chin.

  6. He loves to sit on my lap and read stories.

  7. He takes an afternoon nap every day without any fuss.
  8. He asks me to sing him songs at bedtime. (He doesn't care that I can't sing.)

  9. He thinks he's big, and can do just about anything he sets his mind too. He's very independant!!!

  10. He's obsessed with the color yellow, it's his FAVORITE!

A few of my favorite pictures of Alec.

He's my sweet little boy!!

Happy Birthday Alec!!!




6 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday Alec!! He is such a cutie! It looks like a fun party! I love those big family gatherings. See you tonight!!:)

Lara said...

Love all your pictures! Keep them coming. Alec has always been such a cutie (just like all your kids!). I love the trampoline - I want one!!!! Happy Birthday Alec.

Betsy said...

What a sweet little boy. I love your list of things you love about him. What a cute idea! I love the picture of him at 6 months old with his tongue sticking out. and his birthday picture admiring his cupcakes.

Lucy said...

I love Alec. What a great kid. Sammy's best friend! Happy Birthday buddy!

Rebecca said...

Alec is so big! Of course I'm comparing him to my very small four year old.

Love the pictures!

andrea said...

Happy Birthday Alec! Way to go with the trampoline. Hours of fun for sure!