Monday, March 5, 2007

My new favorite thing.

I don't want to sound like a broken record, but fondue really is my newest favorite thing. If you haven't tried it you really should. We had a little fondue get together over the weekend and made three different kinds, meat, cheese, and chocolate. They were all delicious. And so much fun!!! We had some leftover ingredients so we did the meat and chocolate with the kids on Sunday. They got a big kick out of it. It's just really a fun time. Have I convinced you yet? You really should try it!








10 comments:

Kristin said...

Looks like fun! I will have to whip ours out and get fonduing...is that a word?? Fantastic Sunday Dinner idea!

Carolyn said...

Okay I'm inspired to get ours out of the box (never been used!)

I also just read your last post. We always end up doing stuff like that, but at least you got to shop with your husband! :-)

p.s. Andrew spent most the weekend carrying around a radio with him, listening to Ferris. He even woke me up to tell me they won the championship. Who knew our guys could get so excited about high school basketball!?!?

Lucy said...

That was so fun! And surprisingly yummy. I always thought the idea was better than the actual taste. But I was wrong. Thanks for the idea and willingness to do it! We had a great time.

andrea said...

Looking at those pictures makes me hungry all over again. I think I am going to invest in a fondue pot. My kids would love it, especially the chocolate part.

At least you were watching the Ferris game on the couch with Chad. We've come a long way baby! It's a miracle the guys weren't over in Seattle watching it. Think how fun it will be when the kids are all in high school and we can return to our roots and watch a little high school basketball together.

Rebecca said...

I have only had chocolate fondue with fruit, and it has been a long time. I want to try the cheese fondue now. Yum.

What else can you melt in a pot?

[alisar] said...

I love fondue too. I actually get a little weepy remembering all the good fonduing (yes, Kristin, it's got to be a word) that I did with Iowa buddies. There's nothing like sharing a pot of cheese! Also, I remember being single and the game was you had to kiss the person to your left (cheeks only) if you dropped your food in the pot. Also good times. :)
P.S. I loved your date night post. Better luck next time.

Lara said...

Looks delicious!!!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misty said...

I love fondue! I grew up with a Christmas tradition of fondue every Christmas Eve. It was my favorite and one I hope to continue with my kids if I ever get some fondue pots! lol

Anonymous said...

I have never had fondue before. Look amazing!
They have a restaurant here in Salt Lake called the Melting Pot where all they serve is fondue with different dips and dunking choices. Wonder if it is any good...