Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring Break 2009 pity party...

Well, it's the second day of spring break. We woke up to a nasty snow-sleet-slush-wind storm. Beautiful. I have to say, there are countless things I love about living here, but March and April top my list of negatives. It's downright miserable and depressing. I want to hop in the car and drive somewhere sunny, anywhere!!!

I was moping around pondering my woes, and feeling that anxious feeling I get when I'm not making the most of what is supposed to be a fun filled vacation for my kids. I had a couple of them sitting on my lap and a couple milling around the family room. I asked "If you could do anything you wanted today what would you do?" Abbie replied matter-of-factly, "Go play rescue heroes in the basement!"

Seriously? Are you kidding? Aren't you sad and depressed because it's miserable outside and we aren't doing anything wonderful for your spring break? I guess, and thank goodness, kids are extremely easy to please. They really just like being home, and having no agenda. Although I'm still feeling blue, and dying to see the sun and be outdoors, at least I feel a little less guilty about the kids' vacation. As we speak they are all downstairs fulfilling their wish to stay home and play together in the basement.

4 comments:

Susie said...

You sound like me. It is not spring over at this part of Washington either. We also have spring break this week and it has been a rainy one, cloudy and a few sun breaks. So glad kids are content hanging out at home. It probably feels good to them as there gone 5 days a week for 7 hours or so. Have a fun time hanging out with your kids this week.

Anonymous said...

come visit us down here in the tri cities. today rainy but the rest of the week sunny in 50's and this weekend in the 60's
lizza

Lucy said...

I bet it's all bright and beautiful now that spring break is over, right? That's the case here. Totally crappy weather last week, with guests who wondered why they chose to come to a place so darn cold, and today it is a balmy 64. It's not asking for too much for sun and 60s in the spring, right?

Glad your cute kids are so easy to please. So sweet.

Angi said...

Cute posts. I've missed a couple of them. Lukie is growing up-that's awesome that he is potty trained! Elise loves the potty but she still loves her dipes more. :) I can't believe how much Luke looks like you still.