In the past at Chad's parents' house, we have just climbed up the dock piling, balanced on top, and just about killed ourselves jumping off. This year his dad had the great idea to build a jumping platform attatched to the piling with an actual ladder, yeah. It's about 8 feet above the water which doesn't look that high until you're standing on top of it. If there are any boat wakes it sways back and forth. We all got brave and took the plunge. It was a lot of fun. Abbie and Reese loved it. Abbie jumped off 40 times (she counted), and Reese jumped off a whole bunch too. Even Alec went up and jumped off with Chad or me several times. It was hours of entertainment. Here are a few pictures. My camera battery died before the show started getting really good.
This is me, I'm naturally a bit of a chicken. For some reason I saw this huge old life jacket laying on th dock and felt the need to put it on.

This is Reese's maiden plunge.

Abbie loved it. She's a little dare devil.

4 comments:
Very cool-I love the huge life jacket. BTW, Jeff had to defend the fact that he DOES NOT only have 1 cousin. Yes he only has 1 on THAT side of the family, but he has like four on the other side. (I bet him that I could name more of his cousins than he could and I was right-he forgot the fifth one) :)
That looks like so much fun. We'll have to stop by next week and try it out.
I love it! It looks like so much fun, that my kids wanted to go there and do that.
You are much braver than me!
Post a Comment