Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Reece's new shoes...

This summer I hired a darling teenager in our stake to babysit for me on Wednesdays so I can efficiently run my errands without my whole entourage, and without taking 4 days to do them. I've also been taking one of my kids with me each time for a little lunch date and one on one time. Today it was Reecie's turn.

His birthday is coming up so a few days ago he made a list of what he wanted for a birthday gift. Topping his list was a pair of shoes. He really doesn't have any shoes that he likes other than a pair of flip flops, but what more do you need than a good pair of flip flops.

So today Reese and I went to lunch and then downtown for a little shoe shopping. He finally settled on a bright yellow pair of KEENs. This was our conversation.

Me: If those are the ones you like, I'll buy them for your birthday.

Reese: Yeah, I love them. Thanks mom, you always buy me the best gifts. Remember that one time you got me a bike for my birthday.

..........I don't know if I should feel happy that he's so easily pleased, or guilty that the poor kid is so excited about a new pair of shoes.

2 comments:

Betsy said...

Cute boy =0). That reminds me a little bit of Danny. I love the idea of having little dates with each of your kids, too. I'm glad you guys are having a good time with it =0).

Lucy said...

That sounds like Seth. I have figured out that gifts is one of his Love Languages, so, yes...even shoes gets me "the greatest mom in the world" comments too. How awesome that we have these great kids. I miss little Reese!