Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Holding Back Tears

My grandpa died this week. I am flying to southern Utah Saturday for his funeral on Monday. I'll be back by 1:00 on Tuesday. I asked my mother in law to watch my three big kids Monday for me. She said she'd take Abbie and Reese.

I'm sad my grandpa died. But that's not what made me cry.

8 comments:

Lucy said...

Oh KariAnn, I am so sorry. For your grandfather's death, even though it was expected, and for everything that makes you sad.

Bring him with you. I'll drive down and take care of him. Seriously.

Kelley said...

KariAnn,

My name is Kelley, and I am a friend of Angi's. I understand about having a child that no one wants to take. My oldest has a seizure disorder and is on the autistic spectrum, though highly functional. My mom and MIL have been less than thrilled to take him when we drop off the other kids, and it has always made me very sad. Especially when he is easily the sweetest and most gentle of all my kids, though something of a handful occasionally. Good luck.

I'm sorry about your grandfather's death. My grandmother died this winter, and though it was expected, it was still very hard. Even if it is better for the person who leaves, it still hurts for those who are left behind.

Kelley said...

Oh, and by the way, I am astounded at how much you look like Angi, and how your daughter looks like Lauren. I adore your sister, and I think she is absolutely wonderful.

andrea said...

That was so beautifully put. I really feel your pain. All our kids are excited to spend the day at the lake with ALL three of your kids. I'll talk to you soon.

[alisar] said...

My prayers are with you and your family, KariAnn.

BR said...

It is times like this that I wish you lived by me... I'll take all your sweet, darling kids any time! -Betsy

Kristin said...

KariAnn-

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather...and it breaks my heart to hear about little Alec too. You are a WONDERFUL mom with the most amazing kids. It's too bad that she's missing out on such a sweet grandson.

Let me know if I can help out in any way!! Lots of love...and hang in there.

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry for your family's loss.

We are looking forward to playing with your kids on Tuesday!