Welcome Baby Luke!!!

Luke Spencer made his grand entrance into the world on Saturday February 10th, 2007 at 10:11 pm. He weighed in at 7lbs. 14 oz.
19 3/4in. long.
Friday evening I had a bunch of contractions, but nothing to exciting. They weren't regular, or very painful. They continued into the night, and even woke me up a few times. I woke up at about 3:45 am and felt like something wasn't quite right. I got up to go to the bathroom and felt a gush of water. I bent over and stood up again and another much larger gush. My water had definitely broken. This was new for me since I'd had three babies already and never had my water break like this. I was surprisingly calm. I didn't even wake up Chad. I just headed into the other room, did 2 loads of laundry, and finished my online scrapbook. (Those were the two things I really wanted to accomplish before the baby came and I mistakenly thought I had a couple more days). At about 5 am I decided to go back to bed and get some rest and see if my labor would pick up. By this time I was having no contractions at all. At about 7:00 the kids started coming into our room and woke us up. I told Chad my water had broken, he acted a little surprised, but also calm. We both showered and shined, and I called my midwife at 8:00. I told her I didn't want to rush down to the hospital because I wasn't even having contractions. She told me to see if my labor picked up in the next few hours, and to call her back no later than noon. At noon I called her back still having no contractions, she said to come on down to the hospital, so we did, and checked in at 1:00. Shortly after I checked in we decided the best course of action was to induce, so she started pitocin. I've never been induced before, and it was a whole new experience. I felt like I was hooked up to a million things by the time we were finished. The contractions came faster and harder than without pitocin. At about 6:15 she turned off the pitocin to see if my labor would continue on it's own, and I got an epidural. It quickly slowed to about 6 minutes apart. So before too long she turned it back on. Right after 10pm she checked me and I was fully dilated. According to our video camera it was about 10:07 (Chad actually filmed the clock) and she was getting everything ready to deliver--(the table ready and her robe on). Then he was born a 10:11. Pushing was so fast. I only had to push through 2 contractions, and it took literally 3-4 minutes and the little guy was here. And he was mad! He screamed and screamed and screamed louder than my other babies combined! It was so great! He quieted right down after we wrapped him all up, and he has been quiet as a little mouse ever since.
In this picture we had just gotten checked in and hooked up to the monitors.

Here's Luke right after he was born, screaming!!!!
7lbs 14oz

Our first family photo.
This is my midwife Kathy. She's the best! She's delivered 3 of my 4 babies.
Brand new baby Luke, still in the delivery room. 
Luke and daddy.

On my hospital bed just a few hours old.


Here's Luke all dressed up to go home. 

We're heading home with our new baby, YEAH!
9 comments:
He's seriously so cute. You got some great pictures of him. I love the one of him screaming. You know what newborns do to me. I'm holding in all my maternal instincts, but it's so hard. I'm just going to have to come and hold Luke. Cute, cute boy. I'm so happy for you.
Luke totally looks like a Roland! What a handsome guy. It sounds like everything went really smoothly. I can't believe how calm you were after your water broke. I only had my water break once at home and we panicked (but, it was Ally and we panicked over everything with the 1st!)
I've being dying to see your baby Luke. He is absolutely adorable. Can't believe you didn't totally panic after your water broke - I would have!!!! Thanks for sharing all the cute pictures. Enjoy your newborn.
Congratulations! He's so cute, and I love his coming home outfit!
Darling! I love the picture of him Screaming!
Welcome baby Luke! I love all of the pictures. I think he looks like you! Very, very cute.
Beautiful pictures. Congratulations on another gorgeous Roland.
Thanks for sharing your gorgeous pictures and his birth story!! He is DARLING!! I think it is so neat that all your kids have such a strong family resemblance...I think that my three have three totally different looks. I love genetics!
Congratulations Again!!
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. What a beautiful baby boy! Yeah! He is perfect and so little!
Post a Comment