Well, Lucy, you'll appreciate this, I have a new favorite meal, and gluten free too! Bonus! A shrimp boil! My little sister lives in Maine, and gave me this great recipe. You just boil up potatoes, corn on the cob, onions, and shrimp with a bunch of spices, lemons, and garlic, drain it all and spread it on your table. Everyone just sits around and dished up what they want. I made it for my family the day we got home from our family reunion, and it was so much fun. The kids loved it! So last Friday night I invited my book group and their spouses over for a big old shrimp boil. I thought it turned out great. I love good food, and something a little different is always fun.
Check out the steam, it was pretty cool.
8 comments:
It was so yummy. I'm going to make it for my kids the night before school starts as a little celebration.
The pictures turned out great. Your plates look so pretty in your dining room and I loved the effect of the steam.
The night was sooo much fun. I wish we could have stayed longer (darn that High School Musical 2!) And, the food was great. You're such a wonderful hostess, we always feel so comfortable in your home.
I love how you get all festive, Kariann! The shrimp boil looks great. Jay would have absolutely loved it.
That last photo is such a tease. I can't tell who anyone is!
So sorry we missed it! (It seems something comes up everytime you invite us over.) Food looks great! It was fun to hang out at the park today.
Wow! What a spread. If I ever overcome my phobia of having people over, I might just steal this idea!
Okay Kar-now if you would just post the recipe for me-I would love to make it. (I know you said just boil stuff up but I'm not a free spirited cook, and what are these spices and stuff you put on?) Love you!
Ooh, that looks so yummy, maybe we'll have some shrimp this week!
That looks so good! What is the combo of spices? :) I would love to try it. And PS the pics of your fam are beautiful!!
Post a Comment