This is it!! My 1st peach. I actually grew this peach myself on my own little peach tree. It's such a beautiful little peach. I figure this little peach only cost me a little over $430.
- $50 for the tree,
- $50 for the 3 years worth of fertilizer,
- $80 for three years worth of dear repellant including blood spray, soap hanging from nylons, bleach in buckets, and cayenne pepper spray.(not to mention the small fortune spent on a fence to keep the deer out.)
- $75 for 3 years worth of once a month fruit tree spray to keep all the bugs away.
- $50 for dormant oil spray, to kill any spores, or larvae that might be haging out through the winter.
- $21 for a funguside because, who knows my tree might have a fungus.
- $79 for a sprayer to spray all the miscellaneous spray that I have to spray.
- (This is not an organic peach)
Reese scarffed it down in about 30 seconds flat. He said it sure was good. But was it $430 good? That is the question.
8 comments:
hilarious!
Haha!
Just remember it is the JOURNEY that counts as much as the end result :)
Hopefully this little beauty is only the first of many many non-organic peaches.
That is a fine looking peach. So loved, so deserving of its ripeness. I'm so happy for you for producing fruit! A dream come true, really.
I was just reading Andrea's post about picking peaches and smiled to myself. Our little peach canning experiment will always be one of my most fond memories of you. Maybe you'll get your money's worth out of that tree and can can beautiful and not mangled peaches once again:)
WHAT A PRETTY PEACH!! Congratulations! It is exciting to produce fruit and I'm sure you will eventutally get your money's worth...hopefully! That picture of Reese eating the peach is so cute.
I'm jealous of your peach tree. It is my dream to have a little peach orchard on our property but my practical side says it's so much easier to just drive up to Greenbluff and pick them. That tree will be worth all the money in a few years when it is more mature.
You crack me up! I'm jealous too, as we had a hard frost that killed all my little peachlings in the middle of April! So sad. Yours was much better taken care of thatn mine were though!
That is awesome. How did Reese become the lucky one??
Wow - and I thought growing a garden and having fruit trees was supposed to help with the budget.
But, it is cool to finally see the "fruit" of your labors!!!!
This is a great story!!!!!
Post a Comment