Today I'm thankful for late day. Every Thursday school starts 30 minutes late. This means Alec doesn't leave the house until 9:25. It gives my three little kids all morning to play and thoroughly enjoy each other. I don't worry about Alec's piano practicing, or dishwasher emptying or anything else. I just relish the scene of Alec, Luke, and Claire busily building a wolf cave on the catwalk, and howling at the moon. They get along so well, and Luke and Claire love having a little extra down time to be led in play by their big brother. For some reason, morning seems to be the best time for them to just relax and get deep into some fantasy world. I guess cause there's no interruptions, or phone calls, or homework, or big kids to distract them. I hate to pull him away for school. What is he going to learn in 3rd grade anyway?
No comments:
Post a Comment