Of course I tucked it back into his bank when he wasn't looking.
Friday, May 21, 2010
A Mother's Day gift to remember...
Mother's Day is always one of my favorite holidays. This year Alec, Claire, and I flew to my parents for a quick visit right before Mothers' Day. We got home late Saturday night, so Alec had missed all his gift making opportunities at school and at church. Sunday we were having a nice festive morning. The kids were all giving me their little handmade gifts that they had made in primary and in their classes at school and Alec was feeling a little bad that he didn't have anything to offer me. He did some thinking and a few minutes later approached me with this little envelope and an adorable, excited smile on his face. He had found an envelope, wrote a cute little message on the front, and gotten $20 out of his own bank. (This is about a years worth of savings for him.) I teared up a little when I opened it, I thought it was so sweet. (It's not easy for any of my kids to part with their hard earned money.)

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is priceless!!
Post a Comment