Friday, October 17, 2008

The big 33!

Time just keeps marching on, and Chad is now 33! I love birthdays! We started the celebration with our annual trip to Green Bluff to pick apples. It was a pretty fall day with a few sprinkles now and then which was perfect to keep the crowds down. Chad's whole family met us out there. We picked a whole bunch of yummy apples, and a few pumpkins too. And of course we mowed down a dozen pumpkin donuts hot off the press.


That evening we had a bunch of friends over for our traditional soup and bread party. I made creamy potato soup, zupa tuscana, and a new and yummy french onion. We had caramel apples for dessert. I had made 20 caramel apples in advance, and definitely cooked the caramel too long. It was hard as a rock. But after we got out a dozen knives and chiseled our way into the apples they were still pretty tasty. Everyone humored me anyway, and said they were yummy. We played the name game which is always fun. Then we sang Karaoke into the wee hours of the night!
Sunday afternoon we invited Chad's family over and we made a big batch of homemade donuts to celebrate. YUM! (I didn't take any pictures.)

Then on his birthday, the market dropped by over 700 points, so that was a downer. But we had a good time anyway with a little dinner at Red Robin.

Happy Birthday Chad!



6 comments:

Lucy said...

Beautiful pictures and I love you guys keeping up with all of the traditions.

I'm sure the apples were tasty!

Happy Birthday, Chad!

andrea said...

The apples tasted great. I was going to make some tonight but opted for making some caramel dip instead. I love the Karaoke. Good times.

Susie said...

Happy Belated Birthday Chad!! Sounds like you spoiled him and you had amazing birthday celebration.

Betsy said...

Happy Birthday Chad. I want to have a birthday in your household...all month long =0). Love You- Bets

Lara said...

Man, I can't believe we just keep on getting older. I think I am done with birthdays.

Thanks for the great time. Happy Birthday Chad.

I'm hoping I can find a song I know to sing at ward game night!

Loved seeing the face painting still on the kids! Halle didn't want to wash her face forever!

Angi said...

Happy Birthday Chad!!!!!!!