Friday, September 19, 2008

1st Annual Glenrose Ward Campout...

Now for a little more catch up. In August we had our first ever Glenrose Ward Campout. It was a huge hit with us. The kids played and played for hours on end. We camped right next to Lake Roosevelt. There was a big sandy beach, and a nice little play land area. There were tons of great flat camp sights, and a whole bunch of picnic tables. We set up early Friday morning and Chad and Jason took all the youth out on the boats all day while the little kids played. We had a bucket of fried chicken for dinner and the whole group sat around the campfire singing and doing skits in the evening. After a yummy dessert of brownie sundaes, we put all the kids to bed. That's when the real fun began. The adults stayed up talking and playing Mafia for another couple of hours. We had a blast. It's rare to have a nice long chance to socialize and enjoy that mix of adult friends. We are all so busy on Sunday we barely have time to smile and say hi let alone chit chat and play games. What great bonding, and great memories for both the kids and us adults. I thought it was a great success and have next year's event already marked on my calendar!
The beach and floating platform.


This is one of my favorite sequences of pictures. Nothing makes me happier than when my kids are sweet to each other and look out for each other. Lukie is one lucky little guy to have two such loving big brothers to tag along with the next 15 years. --Alec saw Luke fussing and having trouble carrying his heavy bucket and headed right over to give him a hand. Look how the distress melts from Luke's face.
This is about hour 4 on the beach and playground Friday afternoon.

Here are the kids doing the actions to a campfire song. Of course the kids spent forever burning the ends of their sticks in the fire. The kids made these cute Glenrose Ward Camp out T-shirts.




Luke fell of the edge of a (small) cliff and scraped up his cute little face.

9 comments:

Meredith said...

Cool, who cares if we're all a little behind on our blogs right? I mean we'll get to it eventually. That campout looks like FUN!!!

Betsy said...

That looks like such a fun tradition! Love it!

Lara said...

The ward campout was way fun! Those pictures of Alec and Luke are so precious!!!!

andrea said...

Can't wait until next year. I've been meaning to blog about this too but just haven't got to it. I"m glad you did it for me.

Carolyn said...

Oh how I wish I was in your ward!What a super fun idea and I LOVE the pictures. I'm missing summer already . . .

Susie said...

What a great ward camp out. Love the pictures of the kids and the fun there having. Fun family memories.

Grant said...

I love camping too! We have a new blog for Reese and Abby and Alic to look at. It has a space picture and links to fun sites and also movies like one about a new soler system. Check it out!

Kristin said...

That looked like so much fun!! I'm so jealous of your ward.

Angi said...

I love the series of Alec helping Lukie. That is adorable! Looks like a really fun campout. :)