Monday, April 21, 2008

Just a little journalling...

Well, it's now April 21, and this was the scene outside about an hour ago. Luckily for us this is highly unusual, so we don't have to worry that every year will be the same. But highly irritating just the same. By now it's stopped snowing, everything is melted, and the sun is starting to peak through. But who ever's heard of snow on April 21st? Please Stop already!!!




We had a great weekend. Friday night we went out to a sushi restaurant with some friends. It was so good. It's seriously our new favorite place. We can't wait to go again. Then we came back to our house (after a little Maggie Moo's for dessert) and played games which ultimately turned into a late night of Karaoke!! It was a blast. It's amazing how addicting it is.

Saturday we headed out to Chad's parents' house to hang out and have dinner. We haven't been all together for weeks since Connie and RC have been out of town for most of the winter. We had a great time.

Oh, I forgot to mention this little tidbit... We planned to get carpet in our cabin loft, and the bunkroom. We ordered and paid for it in November, but kept postponing the installation because of the snow (there was literally 5.5 feet of snow up there at one point). Anyway, I eventually scheduled it for April 19th planning on postponing it again when the date got closer. So of course I completely forgot, and Saturday morning, as I'm busily cleaning my house, I get a phone call from the installers who are sitting outside the cabin and noone is there to let them in. "Oh shoot" What to do??? Panic... Well, they said they charged $175 to reschedule at this point (understandable because they also came all the way from Spokane).

I just happened to have the phone number of a neighbor guy -Gordon- who we hired to clear our snow during the winter, and who I've never personally met. So I called him up and asked the poor man to go over and let the installers in, show them what needed to be done in the loft, and then take them out to the bunkroom and show them that spot. Then he would he please sign off for us when the work was done??? He very kindly agreed. I was worried all day because two weeks ago the bunkroom floor was covered in water from a woodbuning stove pipe that was left open. Chad had stuck a bucket under it hoping to catch the future leakage. We called Gordon Saturday evening and thankfully all went well. So we'll be pleasantly surprised next time we head up there I hope.

Now it's Monday again, and back to the same old routine.

5 comments:

andrea said...

Lucky about the carpet. That will be so fun next time you go up there to check it out. Thank goodness for Gordon.

Lucy said...

Seriously, your yard should not look like that on April 21st.

Your weekend sounds like fun! You've got a great little system and I can see you all jamming out. Karaoke can bring out the best in everyone:)

Good call calling the neighbor. I still have never seen any of the people who share this same building that I live in. If I needed anything, I certainly wouldn't be able to call them. You're a good neighbor.

Lara said...

Isn't it crazy! I am so tired of snow too. If it snows one more time I may seriously drive down to Vegas and live with my dad.

What a great neighbor you have. Hope you love what they did when you get a chance to see it next!

Kristin said...

I'm glad you had Gordon!! To have a nice reliable, trustworthy neighbor is priceless. AND...your work is all done and when you go up next you can relax and enjoy it.

Angi said...

Hey Kar-I hope your carpet looks how you wanted. I've had a lot of "Gordon Moments" and its always such a blessing when it turns out well like that :)