I could hardly wait to be a mom and have my own little baby. I was a little girl completely obsessed with baby dolls my whole childhood (totally opposite of Abbie who has never shown any interest in dolls at all). I used to save my money and buy baby clothes to save for my own future babies. I had a whole stash when I got married (too bad they were completely outdated already). So when I found out I was pregnant I could hardly wait. Abbie was due on November 18th. Of course that day came and went and no baby. But it's true, every pregnancy does end even though it seems like it might go on forever. And on November 21st at 12:30am she finally made her debut. She was so sweet and to our surprise had a little dimple in her chin, and was completely tongue tied (her little tongue was tied to the bottom of her mouth all the way to the very tip).
She is such a joy, and a blessing to our family. There are so many things I love about Abbie.
- She's a huge help with her brothers. She entertains, and helps take care of them. They love her to pieces.
- She's a little chef. We love to watch Rachel Ray, and try to make our own gourmet meals-ha ha.
- She loves to read. She often stays up late at night to finish a book that she just can't put down.
- She tries every new thing we introduce her to. She loves to have fun and is a good little athlete.
- She's extremely obedient. When she was about three she went through a phase of asking us constantly to recite every law we knew. She wanted to make sure she didn't do anything illegal. She's always been very conscientious of following the rules.
- She's a day dreamer. She loves to sit and ponder life. She has all sorts of plans and goals for her future.
About 2 weeks ago Abbie turned 8. I can't believe how time flies. Saturday she was baptised. It was such a great day. She was really nervous, but it went beautifully. She looked darling in her little white dress.



Chad baptised and confirmed her.
Here's the whole fam.
My parents came out for the big day. They're the best! They were so proud!
Love ya Abbs!
10 comments:
Eight years has flown by. Just think 8 years from now you'll be writing about Abbie's first date. She looks so cute in her white dress. I can't wait for Emma's baptism.
This post get me misty eyed. Just think, your first child getting baptized! It is amazing to have a little one who is old enough to make that choice. Congratulations to her! She is such a beautiful little girl.
KariAnn, I seriously felt that bizarre happy/sad mix reading this post. I love your family! I love Abbie and I miss her! I can't believe we weren't there for it. I feel sad right now writing it.
But, she is so beautiful and growing up so well, that how can I be anything but delighted that such an amazing girl has done such an amazing thing?! I'm so glad your parents were able to come. I know that must have meant a lot for them and you.
Oh Happy Day!
What a Beautiful Girl she is! We Love Abbie and wish so much we could have been there! Tell her we miss her, and are so proud of our sweet girl!
Oh, I love that dress! Congratulations to Abbie!
What a special day! I can't believe how fast these kids grow up either.
Your pictures are fantastic!!!!!
We are so glad we could be there for Abbie's big day.
Wow-Abbs looks so grown up and beautiful. Those pictures are precious! Miss you all tons :)
Abby's baptism was so special. I'm so glad to have been a part of it. :-)
What a beautiful girl! Those pictures are amazing. Good job Abbie. You have made a wonderful decision.
What a great day! I'm looking forward to Hannah's baptism! Where did you find Abby's cute dress?
Post a Comment