After almost 13 straight years of diapers, we are celebrating the fact that Claire is officially potty trained. (can you hear me singing a happy song?) The first two days, she refused to even sit on the potty, literally crying and kicking if I made her try. I was afraid she would be a tough one. I let up for about a week, and she came in to my bedroom one morning and told me she made a peepee on the potty, "come see". So I headed in with her, and sure enough, she had done it all on her own. She pretty much trained herself from that point on. She's had a few accidents of course, but it's been almost 3 weeks now. She just wants to be in control, and make her own decisions. She definitely didn't want me telling her when she had to sit on the potty. Claire has turned out to be the easiest of them all to potty train. She even wears panties to bed. She crawls out of her crib in the morning and takes off her footie jammies and goes potty all by herself, often at 5:00am when everyone is still in bed. "Good girl Claire! Now you can stop growing up!!!"

No comments:
Post a Comment