This picture is entitled... If you've never taken five kids and all their "stuff" skiing, you really should try it some time :).
We've had a great winter so far. Chad and I see eye to eye on many things. One major theme for us is that we'd rather be outside doing anything than inside doing anything else. Since we live in the inland northwest, where winter can drag on and on, we are hardcore believers that you must have an OUTDOOR hobby. It's the only way to not just survive the winter, but enjoy it, even look forward to it, and cross your fingers for lots and lots of snow!
I just have to admit, our winter "hobby" of choice is a whole lot of WORK. However, we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel this year because the littlest and last member of our crew is ON SKIES! We're ALL outside, on the mountain, enjoying the great outdoors. No longer just warming the benches in the lodge for hours on end. (albeit, she's only good for about and hour, so we're still warming the benches most of the day) She actually really likes skiing. She spent 30 minutes trying to get her own ski boots on last weekend while saying constantly "ski mama, ski mama, ski mama, ski mama, ski mama, ski mama, ski mama, ski mama......" you get the picture. Here she is looking like such a cute little purple puff. She started skiing in December at the ripe old age of 20 months. My philosophy is, if you can walk, you can ski. (you really can't call it skiing. I set her down, back peddle as fast as I can down the hill, and catch her as she comes sliding toward me. But she likes it, and believe me, liking it is way more than half the battle.)
Luke, with his broken arm, hasn't had a very exciting season. But he seems perfectly content helping me cheer Claire on. He gives her all sorts of encouragement. I'm pretty sure she thinks she's a rock star by the time we're done with a half a dozen runs.
This year I bought a "weekday" season pass, along with a friend, to a super close mountain thinking we would both take our little kids up on Fridays so we could all ski together. Again, Luke's broken arm put a damper on our well laid plans. But last week I took him up for the first time to warm up on the bunny hill. Here he is with his buddy Wyatt.
Chad and I had one chance to spend the day skiing together because we worked out a little kid trade with some friends. Here we are about to head right over the edge of this mountain. It really is as steep and high as it looks. It was not one of my finer moments.

The season is still young!



2 comments:
Yes it looks like a lot of work, and yes it looks like lots of fun. Luke is such a trooper!
She’s adorable! She’ll be skiing in no time:)
I love that you guys have embraced winter and skiing. it’s so much more fun that way. We’ll have to plan a family ski trip one of these years because we love it too!
Post a Comment