Today I went to pick Reese up from school for a quick visit to the orthodontist. As I was checking him out, the super involved front desk lady says to me...
Lady- "Oh, Oh, Oh, I should tell you. Your youngest...Alec, he's been tardy a lot!"
She starts typing into her computer and pulls up his record.
Lady-"He had 24 unexcused absences this year! That's a lot!" Then she gives me this look of incredible disapproval like she just can't believe it.
Lady-"He's starting to get a REPUTATION."
Are you kidding me. What kind of reputation? For being a tardy kindergartner?
(sorry Carolyn, if Adam has any tardies, you can blame me.)
7 comments:
This made my day.
I've had a very similar conversation with "super involved lady". lol. My kids were tardy like 35 times this year. And we have the convo pretty much every year. She even gave me a typed up list of ways to get them prepared faster so they're not always late. It didn't really help.
HA! I'm pretty sure Adam has the same "reputation" due to his MOTHER who has a hard time getting geared up for another run to school. Next year they'll probably have perfect attendance!
Welcome to the club!! I too had that fun conversation with "front desk lady" only last year. Usually I try to dodge her but she snagged me and made me look at the computer at all the times Reilly and Kameron had been late. She shook her head and told me how important it was that kids be on time to school...blah blah blah...and then asked me if I could "try a little harder". I was so bugged!!
This year I'm sure she wants to talk to me about Ailey's tardies...it's an every day thing. But I have successfully dodged her all year. Yay!!
If Alec has a "reputation" at least he is in good company.
I am dying over the list Misty got...I'm sure that baby is coming my way.
My other favorite gem from this particular lady was earlier this year...
I had to pick Kameron up early from school one day and as I was signing him out "office lady" said to him "Now what is your name again?" He told her and she said to me "It takes us longer to get to know the names of good kids who aren't always in here." I smiled and then she said "So how is Reilly?" I nearly died laughing.
Thanks for all the support. We should start a club. Misty, we all need to borrow your list :) If she knew we had 23 kids between us it would shed a little light on the subject.
I don't know about all of you but I am terrified of the "front desk lady!" Every single time I have to go to the school I count my blessings that I am only as tall as a 2nd grader ... It's nice to be mistaken for a student and not a parent!! I've avoided the conversation so far, but KNOW it's coming my way!
Who's Adam?
Dave
Post a Comment