Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween 2009...

Sadly I put very minimal effort into Halloween this year. We're currently finishing our basement, and it's taking up all my time and energy. So when Halloween rolled around I just sent my kids out to the garage to rumage through our stash of costumes and said pick one. They all seemed perfectly happy with this approach except poor Luke. We woke him up from a sound nap for the occasion, and apparently he needed his sleep. But nothing a little candy couldn't cure.


Abbie hauled her little cat around the whole night in a basket. Her whole motivation to be a witch was that she could take her black cat. She had blisters on her hands by the end of the night. This was the first year I let the kids keep all their candy. It may have been a mistake. They've been munching on it constantly for days now. Usually I sneak up and confiscate most of it, but they seemed particularly attatched to it this year, I didn't have the heart. Besides, I didn't want to haul myself up the stairs to get it. It was a fun day.

4 comments:

Susie said...

Love all the cute costumes on the kids, they look like they got a lot of candy too. Hope your basement is going well and can't wait to see pictures. Happy Fall!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome post you should go 2 my blog it is www.allyandherlife.blogspot.com. Give me your email so I can let you go on thanks!!!
-Ally

Blecca and R Home said...

I was hoping they would come out and trick or treat at our house! they looked cute! poor lukie :)

Angi said...

How sweet! I think their costumes turned out pretty awesome :) I love the post of Alec and Luke reading, too. :) See you soon!