Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Women's Conference 2009...

Again, women's conference was a life changing experience for me. I just love going, and this year lived up to my expectations once again. I had several AHA moments just like last year. I seriously want to go every year. It just help me reinvent myself, remember my goals, re prioritize, rejuvenate, get motivated, gear up to fight and stand strong, love and adore my sweet kids and hubby. Why would I not want to do it every year.

This year I went with my friends Andrea and Stephanie, and my sister in law Kyndra. We had a really great time. Andrea and I stayed in the dorms where we both spent our very memorable freshmen years at BYU. We were actually in the same hall, just a few doors down from Chad's dorm room where I spent many a visiting hour back in the day. Talk about a walk down memory lane. It was all just so nostalgic. I love BYU. I have so many great memories, and feel very loyal. I seems like a whole past life since I was going to school there.

There are always a couple classes that make the whole trip worth while. This years highlights for my were Sandra Rogers, and as always Julie Beck. I really love those two ladies. They inspire me and give me confidence in myself and my purpose.

And of course I love going to the BYU Bookstore and Deseret Book. I could spend days browsing those two places. I brought back T-shirts and visors for the whole family this year. They all looked so sporty and oddly matching on Saturday as we strutted around town in our new gear.
Here are a few pictures. We really didn't take enough.

Stephanie had a handicap card. It was awesome! (and legitimate).

And of course we couldn't have Steph slowing us down on our 10:00 pm cruise through WalMart, so we just popped her in the cart. Isn't she adorable, and such a good sport.

A trip to Utah wouldn't be complete without a stop at Los Hermanos.

Dave and Megan fed me a yummy hamburger. I saw their cute new apartment. It's the same place Chad and I lived the first year we were married. Another stroll down memory lane.

And of course, what would any vacation be without having to haul a miserably large and cumbersome purchase on the plane off the plane through layovers, at 10:00 at night?

Kyndra and Stephanie

Here we are at the end of a well spent, action packed, 48 hours.



3 comments:

Angi said...

Wow-looks like you had a great time. What in the world did you bring home this time?

Susie said...

You are a lucky lady to attend women's conference. So glad to hear you had a fabulous time. FUN times and great memories.

David and Megan said...

Those were some good burgers! I'm so glad you had a fun trip and made it over to our little apartment. Can't wait til June!!